Senior Backend Engineer, International
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer, International .
What you will do:
- Lead and contribute to development of critical product engineering projects, working with and mentoring other team members.
- Help scale our backend architecture and migrate to a service-oriented future.
- Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- Advocate for optimized practices across the engineering organization.
- Collaborate with people from all walks of life, motivated by passion for our shared mission.
- Work with Python 3, Flask, MySQL, AWS, Redis, and Kafka, introducing other technologies when it makes sense.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You understand how Internet services work at scale.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You know how to write clear code.
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism.
Projects you may work on:
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Android Platform Engineer
Lookout, Toronto, Ontario
Technical Account Manager, Manager
TripleLift, New York, NY
Quality Assurance Specialist to SKAIS
Nortal, Estonia, Tallinn, Tartu
Site Reliability Engineer
Upthere, Redwood City, CA
Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA