Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid for their work. We strive to provide creators with insight, education and tools that make it fast and easy to run their creative business, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We make it easy to make Patreon better. We build fast and emphasize shipping. We use continuous deployment to ship 30-40x / day. Our work culture is very autonomous. You self-assign to projects you are most passionate about, fix problems as you see fit, and collaborate with the rest of the company to ship your code.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you will get to do:
- Develop features and tools for the Patreon community that can scale.
- Lead development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other engineers.
- Design database tables and analyze query performance.
- Review code and advocate for best practices across the engineering organization.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
- Work with Python, Flask, MySQL, AWS, and introduce other technologies when it makes sense.
What skills we ask for:
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You understand how Internet services work at scale.
- You understand databases mechanics and how to utilize them effectively.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You know how to write clear code.
- You dislike dogmatism.
What you will be able to accomplish:
- Build a product that helps creators pay rent and enable higher levels of creativity.
- Have an enjoyable time building a product that creators need to thrive.
Who you’ll work with:
- An energetic team full of passion for our product.
- Teammates who excel not only at their job but often have artistic talents.
- Teammates who are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work.
If you think you’re capable of excelling at these tasks and would like to join our team in San Francisco, please apply below.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit http://www.patreon.com
Jobs You May Like
Teads, Montpellier, Paris
Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer (Hardware)
Magic Leap, Inc., Guadalajara, Mexico
Software Engineer, Intern 2018 (San Francisco)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Smart Apps Developer
Software Engineer (Python)
Senior Software Engineer, Ingestion
Brightcove, Boston, MA