Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend.
What you will do:
- Lead and contribute to development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other engineers.
- Help scale our backend architecture and migrate to a service-oriented future.
- Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- Advocate for best practices across the engineering organization.
- Collaborate with people from all walks of life, driven by passion for our shared mission.
- Build a product that helps creators focus on their work while making a living through our platform.
- Work with Python 3.6, Flask, MySQL, AWS, Redis, and Kafka, introducing other technologies when it makes sense.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You understand how Internet services work at scale.
- You understand relational databases and how to utilize them effectively.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You know how to write clear code.
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism.
Projects you may work on:
- Expanding our payments service, which processes thousands of transactions per minute, ensuring our creators reliably get paid.
- Building tools to help creators manage their businesses, gain insights from their data, and get closer to their fans.
- Leveling up our public API to support extensive 3rd-party integrations via a secure and elegantly simple developer experience.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Windows
Evernote, Redwood City
Project Manager / Scrum Master
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Acquia, Toronto, CAN
Full-Stack Engineer - Automate
Collective Health, San Francisco
Technical Program Manager, Release
Lyft, San Francisco, CA