Senior Software Engineer, Web
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid for their work. We strive to provide creators with insight, education and tools that make it fast and easy to run their creative business, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We make it easy to make Patreon better. We build fast and emphasize shipping. We use continuous deployment to ship 30-40x / day. Our work culture is very autonomous. You self-assign to projects you are most passionate about, fix problems as you see fit, and collaborate with the rest of the company to ship your code.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you will get to do:
Design and prototype new features, while reimagining existing features with fellow engineers.
- Lead development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other engineers.
- Collaborate with Patreon designers and product to create the best possible experiences for our creators and patrons.
- Elevate the quality of our shared codebase, writing highly readable, performant code.
- Present learnings, review code, and advocate for best practices across the engineering organization.
- Work with React, Webpack, Babel (EcmaScript 2015) and other modern tools given the opportunity.
What skills we ask for:
- Experience owning, shipping, and iterating on web products that have reached a large amount of users.
- Experience mentoring and supporting others in their learning of web programming.
- A deep understanding of the best practices in client-side web development and architecture. (performance auditing, accessibility etc…)
- You could ship an entire web application if you wanted to, but prefer working with others.
- The ability to not just articulate about design but also to produce a design and prototype features you wish to build.
- Understanding of server side tooling & API design, and experience integrating with an API development team.
- Experience supporting a diverse user base of various browser versions for our creators (IE10+).
- Clear communication and writing that helps your team rally around ideas and objectives.
- Productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts.
What you will be able to accomplish:
- Build a product that helps creators pay rent and enable higher levels of creativity.
- Have an enjoyable time building a product that creators need to thrive.
Who you’ll work with:
- An energetic team full of passion for our product.
- Teammates who excel not only at their job but often have artistic talents.
- Teammates who are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work.
If you think you’re capable of excelling at these tasks and would like to join our team in San Francisco, please apply below.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit http://www.patreon.com
Jobs You May Like
Marketing - Games & VR
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY
Software Engineer - Yelp Reservations Mobile (iOS)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Enigma, New York, NY
(Senior) Software Engineer Visual Frontend (f/m)
Senior Android Engineer - Mobile Framework
Tile, Portland, OR
Enterprise Technical Support Engineer (remote in the UK)