Community Happiness Manager
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Patreon is looking for someone to bring demonstrated experience to our team. Our Community Happiness team is looking to hire an enthusiastic individual who is excited to support our growing team. This person should love solving problems and care deeply about customer support. We are looking for a customer support manager that has experience managing remote support teams.
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you would do:
- You will be responsible for recruiting, managing and developing a passionate team of Community Happiness agents. It’s up to you to ensure our creators and patrons receive phenomenal support from that team
- Determine support needs by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analysis
- Build and develop strong relationships with core teams at Patreon to advise on product, engineering and data needs based on creator and patron experiences
- Troubleshoot and solve support tickets from patrons and creators in order to gain experience with our ticket demands and in the future, serve as the final point of escalation for difficult or sensitive inquiries
- Quickly learn the ins and outs of Patreon as a platform. There isn’t one thing about Patreon you don’t know already. Knowledge is power.
- Work with the Community Happiness to to improve existing patron and creator-facing resources
- Escalate issues to our P0 team or CH manager as applicable
Skills you possess:
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong experience having hired and built out a remote support team
- A passion for Patreon’s mission to support creators
- Team player: you’re not a one-person team - instead you love working with a team to discuss, plan, and implement process improvements
- The ability to motivate and inspire a team by setting direction, integrity, and crafting team goals and KPIs
- A deep and genuine care for the customer support field and for making data-driven decisions to improve and accelerate team skills
- A strong writer and skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly
- Knowledge of ZenDesk and GoodData is a plus
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit http://www.patreon.com
Jobs You May Like
Director of People Operations
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Talent Acquisition - Business Recruiter
Womply, Womply - San Francisco, CA
High School Mathematics Teacher, Geometry
Alpha Public Schools, Alpha Public Schools
Administrative Assistant (Legal/Public Policy), APAC
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore