What you would be doing:
- Directly responsible for reliability of hosted infrastructure, including ensuring scalability for future growth and recommending cost effective methods of expansion and growth.
- Continually improve, automate and document our deployment process.
- Willingness, experience and interest working through all layers of infrastructure at a company, from office connectivity to the internet to advanced troubleshooting of linux performance issues to complex questions around routing and name resolution.
- Administration of a variety of cloud solutions covering email, phones, dns, source control, automated builds and more!
- Collaborate on capacity planning and hosting budget.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Proven ability to build large, reliable, scalable infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud services, AWS, Rackspace, Google Computer preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting and deploying applications on Linux.
- Hadoop Experience, building, maintaining, expanding and replicating.
- Advanced understanding of networking and how to ensure a high quality of service both to our employees and customers.
- Experience with a variety of system monitoring tools, cloud tools a plus and using that experience to move from reactive to proactive maintenance is a plus.
- Ability and desire to write scripts to automate tasks (Python or Perl preferred).
- Experience with an infrastructure automation tool like Salt, Puppet or Chef.
- Excellent communication skills -- no one works in a vacuum here.
- Strong interest in building a company to last.
ABOUT PAXATA In November 2013, Paxata unveiled the first interactive, self-service Adaptive Data Preparation solution for business analysts, data scientists, developers, data curators and IT teams. Intelligently empowering business consumers to transform raw data into ready information, instantly and automatically, with the industry’s leading enterprise-ready Adaptive Information Platform. Today, Paxata boasts over 60 customers, ranging from medium-sized online Retailers to the largest Financial institutions and Government agencies. Our Pax Pros work in a collaborative environment to automated data integration, optimize data quality, promote collaboration and ensure data is governed and used in an agile workflow. Paxata combines a visually-dynamic application for even the most non-technical analyst with a Hadoop-based platform built for data prep at scale. Regardless of data volume, variety or velocity, Paxata helps our customers create data worth analyzing, whether that is for ad hoc, operational, predictive, and packaged analytics. Paxata partners with industry-leading cloud, big data and business intelligence solutions providers such as Cloudera and Amazon, and seamlessly connects to BI tools, including Salesforce Wave, Tableau, Qlik and Microsoft Excel to greatly accelerate the time to actionable business insights. Paxata is home to the world’s best engineers with agile development skills, domain strength in UX design, next-generation data architecture and scalable software delivery. The company boasts an enterprise-class Customer Success organization, a customer-centric sales and marketing team, and a set of partners, advisors and investors working together to change the information management world forever.
Want to learn more about Paxata? Visit Paxata's website.
Jobs You May Like
Junior Software Engineer
foodora Germany, Berlin
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Aura Frames, Lower East Side, New York
Senior Engineer, BMS
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Software Engineer - 10173.210
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Forward Deployed Engineer
Tradeshift, United States