Principal Engineer of Distributed Computing
Paxata, Redwood City
Be an Information Inspired Business
What you would be doing:
- Design and implement distributed computing architectures using both your own code and the latest advances in open-source.
- Work with the latest technologies including Apache Spark, Parquet, and the Hadoop stack.
- Develop and improve our in-memory database implementation for processing data throughout our workflow for creating master datasets -- not just manage or use databases.
- Scale up our ability to handle 100Ms of customers records, then billions and beyond.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex data processing infrastructure such as MapReduce internals, database query optimizers, or compilers.
- Familiarity with Apache Spark or distributed databases.
- Industry experience as a senior software engineer or graduate level research experience in related topics.
- Excellent communication skills -- no one works in a vacuum here.
- Strong interest in building a company to last.
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- Competitive salary + equity
- Flexible PTO- we want the best people but not the best people 24/7. Do great work and enjoy your life enough to come back and do great work.
- Regular town halls and catered lunches.
- Full stocked kitchen with all the snacks, soda and Philz coffee your heart desires.
- Comfortable and fun work environment with ping pong, nerf gun battles and bean bag chairs to kick back in
Why join the Paxata team?
- Paxata is the world leader in data preparation. Our product is used by companies like Citi, McDonald's, Oath, and more!
- We're backed by global corporate investors including: Accel Partners, Intel Capital, Microsoft Ventures, Cisco Investments, Deutsche Telekom, AirTree Ventures and more!
- We've been voted among the best companies to work for in the Bay Area four years in a row (SF Business Times)
- There are a lot of cool people here. We embrace innovation, open-source, teamwork and pizza :)
ABOUT PAXATA In November 2013, Paxata unveiled the first interactive, self-service Adaptive Data Preparation solution for business analysts, data scientists, developers, data curators and IT teams. Intelligently empowering business consumers to transform raw data into ready information, instantly and automatically, with the industry’s leading enterprise-ready Adaptive Information Platform. Today, Paxata boasts over 60 customers, ranging from medium-sized online Retailers to the largest Financial institutions and Government agencies. Our Pax Pros work in a collaborative environment to automated data integration, optimize data quality, promote collaboration and ensure data is governed and used in an agile workflow. Paxata combines a visually-dynamic application for even the most non-technical analyst with a Hadoop-based platform built for data prep at scale. Regardless of data volume, variety or velocity, Paxata helps our customers create data worth analyzing, whether that is for ad hoc, operational, predictive, and packaged analytics. Paxata partners with industry-leading cloud, big data and business intelligence solutions providers such as Cloudera and Amazon, and seamlessly connects to BI tools, including Salesforce Wave, Tableau, Qlik and Microsoft Excel to greatly accelerate the time to actionable business insights. Paxata is home to the world’s best engineers with agile development skills, domain strength in UX design, next-generation data architecture and scalable software delivery. The company boasts an enterprise-class Customer Success organization, a customer-centric sales and marketing team, and a set of partners, advisors and investors working together to change the information management world forever.
Want to learn more about Paxata? Visit Paxata's website.
Jobs You May Like
Executive Assistant, Technology
Meetup, New York
Mechanical Engineer, Prototyping Lead/Manager
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Engineering Manager - Machine Learning
Quora, Mountain View, CA
IT Operations Engineer
Checkr, San Francisco
Software Development Engineer, Web, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Mobile Developer - React-Native