WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING:
- Build a deep empathy for our users and the market and act as the North Star for the product direction
- Play the Product Owner role on one or more development scrum teams
- Distill market and user needs into a prioritized backlog for the development team
- Act as the information hub between sales, sales engineering, customer success, engineering, marketing and partnerships
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-5 years experience as a product manager, sales engineer, or solution architect in enterprise software
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Business Intelligence, Information Management, Data Governance and/or Master Data Management.
- Hands-on experience with data analyst tools ranging from business intelligence (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI) to advanced analytics (e.g. R, Python, Spark)
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to lead customer and sales presentations
- Collegial, can-do and fun attitude because having a good time is as important as understanding the use cases
- Agile development experience preferred and experience driving the development process
- Experience building cloud-based solutions
- Bachelor of Science from a respected university
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- Competitive salary + equity
- Flexible PTO - we want the best people but not the best people 24/7. Do great work and enjoy your life enough to come back and do great work.
- Full stocked kitchen with all the snacks, soda and coffee.
- Comfortable and fun work environment
WHY JOIN THE PAXATA TEAM?
- Paxata is the world leader in data preparation. Our product is used by companies like Standard Chartered Bank, Petco, Cox Automotive and more!
- We're backed by global corporate investors including: Accel Partners, Intel Capital, Microsoft Ventures, Cisco Investments, Deutsche Telekom, AirTree Ventures and more!
- We've been voted among the best companies to work for in the Bay Area four years in a row (SF Business Times)
- There are a lot of cool people here. We embrace innovation, open-source, teamwork and pizza :)
ABOUT PAXATA In November 2013, Paxata unveiled the first interactive, self-service Adaptive Data Preparation solution for business analysts, data scientists, developers, data curators and IT teams. Intelligently empowering business consumers to transform raw data into ready information, instantly and automatically, with the industry’s leading enterprise-ready Adaptive Information Platform. Today, Paxata boasts over 60 customers, ranging from medium-sized online Retailers to the largest Financial institutions and Government agencies. Our Pax Pros work in a collaborative environment to automated data integration, optimize data quality, promote collaboration and ensure data is governed and used in an agile workflow. Paxata combines a visually-dynamic application for even the most non-technical analyst with a Hadoop-based platform built for data prep at scale. Regardless of data volume, variety or velocity, Paxata helps our customers create data worth analyzing, whether that is for ad hoc, operational, predictive, and packaged analytics. Paxata partners with industry-leading cloud, big data and business intelligence solutions providers such as Cloudera and Amazon, and seamlessly connects to BI tools, including Salesforce Wave, Tableau, Qlik and Microsoft Excel to greatly accelerate the time to actionable business insights. Paxata is home to the world’s best engineers with agile development skills, domain strength in UX design, next-generation data architecture and scalable software delivery. The company boasts an enterprise-class Customer Success organization, a customer-centric sales and marketing team, and a set of partners, advisors and investors working together to change the information management world forever.