Who you are
- First and foremost: Paxata is going to change the world and you want to be part of the team that helps make it happen
- Sales is a process and your experience helps you structure, manage, and deliver with rigor and discipline. As part of the sales process you partner with an Account Executive (AE) to provide the structure every successful deal requires by establishing and managing to milestones, delivering on-time, and exceeding expectations: you are the engine of the sales cycle!
- You’ve got significant presales experience, but you don’t want a “business as usual” move from one software vendor to the next
- Customers are not your target or an objective, they're a partner in success; collaboration is your method of choice to communicate value and drive winning outcomes
- Small teams don’t scare you: you’re ready, willing, and able to handle the basics (functional and technical demos, proof-of-concepts, pilots, RFI / RFP responses) through to the “tough stuff” (learning about the customers’ domain, strategic account planning, ROI assessments, installation & architecture discussions)
What you’ll do
- Provide product expertise, industry perspective, and technical leadership throughout the sales cycle and initial adoption of Paxata
- Partner with our Account Executives to take a strategic view of sales opportunities and then drill-down to a granular, step-by-step approach for qualifying them, getting them excited about Paxata, and turning them into customers
- Work with the customer to identify, understand, and develop business cases – helping them better define their needs and ensuring we understand them
- Articulate the business value of Paxata to prospects and clients while helping them see how and why we’re different… and better!
- Perform hands-on work to prove Paxata platform capabilities to customers during the evaluation process, to include custom demos, pilots, writing responses, or leading / facilitating meetings
- Keep other SEs (both in Federal and Commercial) informed and helping build out collateral for company-wide use; ask others for help when you need it and offer your extra cycles to others
- Design end-to-end solutions driven by customer requirements and product capabilities
- Work with our Partners on specific opportunities
Where you come from
- This isn’t new to you: you’ve got a few years of experience with multiple, sizable deals and can close a sale as the lead sales engineer / sales consultant for software
- Your history shows us that once the AE makes the relationship, you spring into action and begin to immediately manage the deal lifecycle--the whole time keeping the team and management up-to-date with progress and step remaining until close
- You understand data and how our customers use it – which means your experience covers at least one of the following: BI / analytics, ETL, databases, MDM, data integration, Hadoop, NoSQL
ABOUT PAXATA In November 2013, Paxata unveiled the first interactive, self-service Adaptive Data Preparation solution for business analysts, data scientists, developers, data curators and IT teams. Intelligently empowering business consumers to transform raw data into ready information, instantly and automatically, with the industry’s leading enterprise-ready Adaptive Information Platform. Today, Paxata boasts over 60 customers, ranging from medium-sized online Retailers to the largest Financial institutions and Government agencies. Our Pax Pros work in a collaborative environment to automated data integration, optimize data quality, promote collaboration and ensure data is governed and used in an agile workflow. Paxata combines a visually-dynamic application for even the most non-technical analyst with a Hadoop-based platform built for data prep at scale. Regardless of data volume, variety or velocity, Paxata helps our customers create data worth analyzing, whether that is for ad hoc, operational, predictive, and packaged analytics. Paxata partners with industry-leading cloud, big data and business intelligence solutions providers such as Cloudera and Amazon, and seamlessly connects to BI tools, including Salesforce Wave, Tableau, Qlik and Microsoft Excel to greatly accelerate the time to actionable business insights. Paxata is home to the world’s best engineers with agile development skills, domain strength in UX design, next-generation data architecture and scalable software delivery. The company boasts an enterprise-class Customer Success organization, a customer-centric sales and marketing team, and a set of partners, advisors and investors working together to change the information management world forever.
Want to learn more about Paxata? Visit Paxata's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Operations Engineer
Fitbit, US - Boston, US - San Francisco
Senior Product QA Engineer - Messaging Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Product Manager, Application Transformation
Pivotal Software, London
Senior Database Engineer
Cardlytics, Cardlytics Headquarters - Ponce City Market
Principal Mobile iOS Engineer
Lead Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA