- Handle and log tickets from various channels like email, phone, web portal.
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Create knowledge base content related to software usage (tips & tricks, etc.) for Community outlets.
- Manages Support operating standards, practices, and procedures related to SAAS application and software support.
- Positions as final level of support expertise prior to escalation to engineering or Development operations.
- Handles issues related to hosting, installation, and advanced software support for on-prem and SAAS.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under minimal supervision.
- Paxata’s Adaptive Data preparation application is built using Scala and Java as primary language. Hands on experience and knowledge of these languages are a must.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working on Java based application troubleshooting and hands on experience of java based web application ( ability to understand concepts of jdbc driver, jars, jstack, memory etc )
- Spark : This new technology that helps to distribute the computational work, so ability to learn spark administration console to check on worker and spark master status and navigation of spark console to check logs etc.
- Big data storage technology Hadoop , also related would be kerberized hadoop installation and understanding configuration.
- Should have a deeper expertise of scripting in Linux and commands.
- Knowledge of Installation using rpm files and rpm based installation using yum.
- Should have ability to read / monitor through large log using commands or using tools like splunk.
- Should have ability to administer and monitor linux resources, network, memory, cpu, file handles , iptables etc.
- Should have experience working on industry standard CRM tools for ticket management.
- Experience on SAAS application maintenance is HUGE plus.
- Permanent work authorization in the US is a necessary precondition for employment at Paxata.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of Python, Angular JS framework, coffee-script, ruby is plus.
- Administration of Spark Cluster, deployment of application to spark cluster.
- If you know coffeescript is not a drink and you do not relate Python as animal then you are at the right place.
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- Competitive salary + equity
- Flexible PTO- we want the best people but not the best people 24/7. Do great work and enjoy your life enough to come back and do great work.
- Regular town halls and catered lunches.
- Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks, soda and Philz coffee your heart desires.
- Comfortable and fun work environment with ping pong, nerf gun battles and bean bag chairs to kick back in
Why Join the Paxata team?
- Paxata is the world leader in data preparation. Our product is used by companies like Citi, McDonald's, Oath, and more!
- We're backed by global corporate investors including: Accel Partners, Intel Capital, Microsoft Ventures, Cisco Investments, Deutsche Telekom, AirTree Ventures and more!
- We've been voted among the best companies to work for in the Bay Area four years in a row (SF Business Times)
- There are a lot of cool people here. We embrace innovation, open-source, teamwork and pizza :)
ABOUT PAXATA In November 2013, Paxata unveiled the first interactive, self-service Adaptive Data Preparation solution for business analysts, data scientists, developers, data curators and IT teams. Intelligently empowering business consumers to transform raw data into ready information, instantly and automatically, with the industry’s leading enterprise-ready Adaptive Information Platform. Today, Paxata boasts over 60 customers, ranging from medium-sized online Retailers to the largest Financial institutions and Government agencies. Our Pax Pros work in a collaborative environment to automated data integration, optimize data quality, promote collaboration and ensure data is governed and used in an agile workflow. Paxata combines a visually-dynamic application for even the most non-technical analyst with a Hadoop-based platform built for data prep at scale. Regardless of data volume, variety or velocity, Paxata helps our customers create data worth analyzing, whether that is for ad hoc, operational, predictive, and packaged analytics. Paxata partners with industry-leading cloud, big data and business intelligence solutions providers such as Cloudera and Amazon, and seamlessly connects to BI tools, including Salesforce Wave, Tableau, Qlik and Microsoft Excel to greatly accelerate the time to actionable business insights. Paxata is home to the world’s best engineers with agile development skills, domain strength in UX design, next-generation data architecture and scalable software delivery. The company boasts an enterprise-class Customer Success organization, a customer-centric sales and marketing team, and a set of partners, advisors and investors working together to change the information management world forever.
Want to learn more about Paxata? Visit Paxata's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one