Associate Solutions Architect Mid West Region.
Paxata, Columbus, OH
Be an Information Inspired Business
What you would be doing
- Participate in both the pre and post salesprocesses, assisting sales and services to analyze and architect how Paxata fitsinto a complex Hadoop® ecosystem
- Engage with IT and Business executives of current customers for in-depth discussions about:
- 1) Paxata's compatibility with any new or existing platforms
- 2) How Paxata works with their enterprise Big Data strategies (including“classic” relational, warehouse, and NoSQL)
- Work with prospective or current IT customers in Paxata installation planning and administration, including:
- 1) Project Management to drive customer success use-cases and renewals.
- 2) Installation / upgrade procedures, proper hardware sizing /cluster configuration, and
- 3) Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Build and deliver architecture presentations and / or whiteboard sessions to end-users and prospects
- Work closely with engineering and product management to document and build architecture planning and installation best practices, including technical collateral and guides
- Serve as interface with Cloudera(corporate partner) on overlapping installations
- Ability to understand “Big Data” use cases , and develop business outcome driven use-cases and what it means for both compute and storage resources in order to recommend the appropriate server and storage required in a Hadoop deployment
- Hands-on with “Big Data” technologies with the Hadoop stack (e.g. Spark,MapReduce, Hive, Streaming) and practical experience that allows you distinguish between the implementation reality and the hype
- Strong experience implementing application software in an enterprise Linux environment
- Good understanding of RDBMS,JDBC/ODBC, Integration Technologies, ETL and System Architecture
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of client-facing experience in technical consulting or data analytics professional services
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Background in vertical industries such as financial services, government, CPG, and/or high-tech manufacturing
- Experience with DQ and MDM
- Familiarity with analytics applications, such as Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire, GoodData, and/orMicroStrategy
- Experience working with Apache Spark
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- Competitive salary + equity
- Flexible PTO- we want the best people but not the best people 24/7. Do great work and enjoy your life enough to come back and do great work.
- Regular town halls and catered lunches.
- Full stocked kitchen with all the snacks, soda and Philz coffee your heart desires.
- Comfortable and fun work environment with ping pong, nerf gun battles and bean bag chairs to kick back in
Why join the Paxata team?
- Paxata is the world leader in data preparation. Our product is used by companies like PwC, Del Monte, New Relic and more!
- We're backed by global corporate investors including: Accel Partners, Intel Capital, Microsoft Ventures, Cisco Investments, Deutsche Telekom, AirTree Ventures and more!
- We've been voted among the best companies to work for in the Bay Area four years in a row (SF Business Times)
- There are a lot of cool people here. We embrace innovation, open-source, teamwork and pizza :)
ABOUT PAXATA In November 2013, Paxata unveiled the first interactive, self-service Adaptive Data Preparation solution for business analysts, data scientists, developers, data curators and IT teams. Intelligently empowering business consumers to transform raw data into ready information, instantly and automatically, with the industry’s leading enterprise-ready Adaptive Information Platform. Today, Paxata boasts over 60 customers, ranging from medium-sized online Retailers to the largest Financial institutions and Government agencies. Our Pax Pros work in a collaborative environment to automated data integration, optimize data quality, promote collaboration and ensure data is governed and used in an agile workflow. Paxata combines a visually-dynamic application for even the most non-technical analyst with a Hadoop-based platform built for data prep at scale. Regardless of data volume, variety or velocity, Paxata helps our customers create data worth analyzing, whether that is for ad hoc, operational, predictive, and packaged analytics. Paxata partners with industry-leading cloud, big data and business intelligence solutions providers such as Cloudera and Amazon, and seamlessly connects to BI tools, including Salesforce Wave, Tableau, Qlik and Microsoft Excel to greatly accelerate the time to actionable business insights. Paxata is home to the world’s best engineers with agile development skills, domain strength in UX design, next-generation data architecture and scalable software delivery. The company boasts an enterprise-class Customer Success organization, a customer-centric sales and marketing team, and a set of partners, advisors and investors working together to change the information management world forever.
Want to learn more about Paxata? Visit Paxata's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Java
Paytm Labs, Toronto
Data Engineer / Analyst
Heal, Los Angeles
Senior Build/Release (DevOps) Engineer
Pivotus Ventures, Carlsbad, CA
Index Exchange, Toronto (North York)
Technical Solutions Engineer
Senior QA Engineer
Visa, Foster City CA, US