U.S. Compliance Officer
Payoneer, New York
Connecting business, professionals, countries, and currencies
U.S. Compliance Officer, New York
Build Your Career | Love your Work | Make a Difference
Payoneer empowers entrepreneurs and businesses anywhere in the world – from Cairo to California, Buenos Aires to Bangalore and Tel Aviv to Tokyo – to expand beyond their borders and grow successful, sustainable businesses. With millions of customers in over 200 countries worldwide, Payoneer connects anyone, anywhere, with opportunities to trade globally.
We are trusted by world-class firms such as Amazon and Airbnb to deliver a high quality payments service, and are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our new Early Payments business.
What we value:
- A humble, caring professional who puts customers and colleagues first
- Always striving for excellence in everything you do
- Highly focused on getting things done, finding a way when others only see the challenges
- A passionate person who wants to get wholeheartedly behind the mission
- Someone who strives for excellence, always searching for a way to be better
- A team player who understands that collaboration is the key to success
This position will be responsible for designing, managing and monitoring U.S. specific compliance procedures and policies relating to the Company’s Global Compliance Program, including but not limited to AML, Sanctions, Record keeping, Privacy and Consumer Protection.
You will be responsible for:
- Handling the preparation work and management of regulatory exams and third party audits, manage remediation efforts as applicable.
- Researching and understanding changes in U.S. regulation, informing the CCO and Management of any upcoming changes that may impact the Company’s operations.
- Developing and maintaining internal policies and procedures relating to local application of the Global Compliance Program.
- Developing and maintaining consistent compliance reporting including metrics and trends to be provided to management, Risk and Compliance Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Reporting regularly on local compliance program, efforts and effectiveness to the CCO, Executive Management and Risk and Compliance Committee
- Assisting with developing and managing compliance training program for staff.
- Working with the FIU to ensure transaction monitoring, reporting and recordkeeping meet local jurisdictional compliance requirements.
- Working with Compliance Operations to ensure onboarding and screening practices meet local jurisdictional compliance requirements.
- Developing and maintaining risk-based compliance testing procedures and processes, including reporting results and handling remediation when necessary.
- Performing regular AML risk assessments according to Global Policy.
- Providing compliance advice on U.S. requirements for future business strategies.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for U.S. compliance requirements impacting the company.
The U.S. Compliance Officer will report directly to the CCO.
You should come prepared with:
- Bachelor’s degree in business studies, law, accounting, finance, or management preferred.
- Background in Money Transmission, Payments or Financial Institution.
- CAMS or CFCS certification.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory and legal framework.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of employees, entry level to executive leadership.
- Analytical and enquiring mindset.
- Systematic approach to work.
- Exceptional report writing skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Persuasive, assertive, and proactive approach.
- Self-motivated team-player.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
About us Payoneer is an easy, secure, and cost-effective way for companies of all sizes to pay people and businesses throughout the world. Since 2005, Payoneer has provided companies with multiple ways to transfer payments, including prepaid debit MasterCard® cards, deposits to local banks worldwide and payments to local e-wallets. Award-winning Payoneer has quickly become an innovator in the field of online payment solutions with thousands of companies and more than a million payees worldwide. Payoneer is a leading mass-payout company that provides solutions to enable both Fortune 100 companies as well as small businesses to make payments to 210 countries around the world.
Want to learn more about Payoneer? Visit Payoneer's website.
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Planning & Analysis Associate - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Coupang, Seoul (HQ)
Real Estate Contract Coordinator
OfferPad, Headquarters- Gilbert, AZ
İdari İşler Uzman Yardımcısı
Trendyol, Istanbul / Tuzla
Head of Accounting Operations and Tax
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Principal, Finance Controller_DEO
Coupang, DEO FC