Senior Government Relations Officer
Connecting business, professionals, countries, and currencies
Have we got a job for you?!
Senior Government Relations Officer – Beijing / Shanghai, China
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
If you’re the kind of person that loves to get stuff done, collaborate with colleagues all over the world and is interested in joining a fast growing global company that is trusted by the world’s top digital brands and truly cares for its customers, join us at Payoneer!
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from 200 countries and territories. Leveraging its robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading digital brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure.
Payoneer is a leading fintech company built to disrupt today’s way of commerce. Payoneer has accumulated numerous prestigious accolades, including but not limited to:
Listed in Forbes Fintech 50 2020; Ranked in Inc. 5000’s Financial Service companies 5 years in a row! Six years running in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 ; Named in Best Places to Work by BI Group, Best Workplaces by Inc., and Best Places to Work by Crain’s ; Payoneer CEO Scott Galit named EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year for Financial Technology in New York ; Ranked 13 in CNBC Disruptor 50 2018 ; Two years running Best B2B Innovation Award by PYMNTS’ & listed on KPMG Fintech100
Payoneer - one world, one platform, endless opportunities.
About Payoneer China
Ever since its inception, Payoneer China has grown at a blistering speed with 250+ employees serving hundreds of thousands of customers. Payoneer China currently is the market leader in cross border payments for ecommerce, B2B trade, and mobile applications. We are also well positioned to grow our business into other business verticals, delivering a portfolio of products and services.
This is a unique opportunity for talents to participate in a fast moving environment to provide disruptive products and solutions that solve real commercial challenges. It is also a great opportunity to super charge your career and to amplify professional growth, business acumen, and cross industry experience.
Payoneer is looking for an experienced, senior professional with extensive experience of working in or with PBOC / Safe and related entities. A successful candidate will need to know how to work with and get things done with the China Government. They must have a strong political instinct and be used to working in a fast paced, demanding environment. Experience in cross border payments and international currencies would be ideal. The purpose of this role is to manage Payoneer's engagement with relevant China Government organizations and the wider political system to help deliver Payoneer's business goals. The main counterparties in the China Government is key representatives in the PBOC and related entities, with which the job holder will have regular contact.
- Overseeing a formal pattern of engagement with the PBOC and related entities
- Managing a schedule of targeted engagement for the CEO with influential senior officials in related Government entities
- Ad hoc management of any issues surface with related Government regulations
- Providing political advice and intelligence to the business
- Advising Payoneer's senior leaders on the Governmental and wider political perspective on issues, compliance, and transactions
- Ensuring that senior leaders and the wider staff are kept informed of key political developments
- Early identification of political and regulatory risks
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in government relations
- Strong working knowledge with regulatory matters concerning foreign exchange
- Existing networks with senior officials in related Government entities
- Degree in law is a plus
- Previous experience in fintech / payments is a plus
Competencies / Traits
- Broad and strategic thinker, capable of quickly interpreting information and presenting arguments in a clear and reasoned way
- Thorough and accurate, capable of identifying the key issues without getting lost in the detail
- Accountable for own decisions and actions whilst respectful of the professional responsibilities of others
- Politically astute, self-confident demeanor and mature social skills
- An energetic self-starter. A sense of urgency and passion
- Languages - English / Mandarin Chinese
About us Payoneer is an easy, secure, and cost-effective way for companies of all sizes to pay people and businesses throughout the world. Since 2005, Payoneer has provided companies with multiple ways to transfer payments, including prepaid debit MasterCard® cards, deposits to local banks worldwide and payments to local e-wallets. Award-winning Payoneer has quickly become an innovator in the field of online payment solutions with thousands of companies and more than a million payees worldwide. Payoneer is a leading mass-payout company that provides solutions to enable both Fortune 100 companies as well as small businesses to make payments to 210 countries around the world.
Want to learn more about Payoneer? Visit Payoneer's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.