Assistant Finance Manager APAC
Payoneer, Hong Kong
Connecting business, professionals, countries, and currencies
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
If you are the kind of person that loves to get things done, collaborate with colleagues all over the world and interested in joining a fast-growing global company that is trusted by the world’s top digital brands and truly cares for its customers, join us at Payoneer!
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables businesses of all sizes from anywhere in the world to access new economic opportunities by enabling them to transact globally as easily as they do locally. Payoneer’s digital payments platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from over 200 countries and territories. Leveraging robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure. Payoneer, founded in 2005, is headquartered in New York and has a team based all over the world with 13 locations in Asia Pacific.
Payoneer is looking for an Assistant Finance Manager, APAC to join our extremely fast-growing global Fintech business in Hong Kong. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and high energy environment.
- Drive monthly/quarterly/annual closing activities by overseeing internal and outsourced local accounting teams across APAC
- Ensure timely, complete, and accurate accounting treatment of GL in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS (and other local GAAPs in the APAC region, where applicable) and perform analysis of fluctuation of accounts with business drivers
- Lead annual audit process of entities in APAC (including consolidation) by partnering with external auditors and internal stakeholders
- Ensure smooth vendor payment process, recommending improvements where necessary
- Drive process improvements to enhance efficiency and internal controls
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting process
- Ensure compliance with financial regulatory requirements for licensed/regulated operations in APAC by reviewing, implementing, and monitoring safeguarding measures
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager of APAC as needed
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified professional accountant (CPA, ACCA, HKICPA, or equivalent) or relevant equivalent qualification(s)
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, including experience in an audit firm
- Experience in corporate/commercial environment an added advantage
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English
- Able to converse in Cantonese and Mandarin
- A proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft NAV/Concur/Coupa an added advantage
About us Payoneer is an easy, secure, and cost-effective way for companies of all sizes to pay people and businesses throughout the world. Since 2005, Payoneer has provided companies with multiple ways to transfer payments, including prepaid debit MasterCard® cards, deposits to local banks worldwide and payments to local e-wallets. Award-winning Payoneer has quickly become an innovator in the field of online payment solutions with thousands of companies and more than a million payees worldwide. Payoneer is a leading mass-payout company that provides solutions to enable both Fortune 100 companies as well as small businesses to make payments to 210 countries around the world.
Want to learn more about Payoneer? Visit Payoneer's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!