Bookkeeper , New York
Build Your Career | Love your Work | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables businesses of all sizes from anywhere in the world to access new economic opportunities by enabling them to transact globally as easily as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital payments platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from over 200 countries and territories. Leveraging robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure.
We’re looking for a self-motivated Bookkeeper to join our New York office. As a member of our Finance team, you will play a key role in processing financial transactions, keeping accurate records, and ensuring payments are processed on time.
What you’ll do:
- Record suppliers’ invoices into the ERP system
- Assist in managing day-to-day payments, including but not limited to processing accounts receivable and payable, creating invoices, preparing wire transfers, and ensuring vendors receive correct payments
- Be responsible for reviewing and approving expense reimbursement reports
- Reconcile account balances for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances
- Be responsible for reviewing and recording credit cards and petty cash transactions
- Assists with the semimonthly payroll process including reviews, inputs and processes payroll information into the Engage payroll system
- Responsible for reconciling benefits and other payroll deductions during payroll processing
- Review Nettime timecards for completeness and accuracy
- Ensure all employee payroll costs are allocated to the correct project/cost center
- Perform monthly reconciliations of payroll and benefits activity
- Performing SOX controls
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years of payroll and or bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of Engage/Prism software, Nettime and WEX or any related payroll or financial platform
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, as well as Teams and Zoom with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Strong team-working skills, ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time, even under high-pressure situations
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Strong attention to details
What we offer:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness reimbursement
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
- Exciting social events, including happy hours, birthday celebrations, and Friday lunches
- Community engagement opportunities
- Relaxed dress code
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
Payoneer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Payoneer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are interested in applying for employment with Payoneer and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please email [email protected]. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
About us Payoneer is an easy, secure, and cost-effective way for companies of all sizes to pay people and businesses throughout the world. Since 2005, Payoneer has provided companies with multiple ways to transfer payments, including prepaid debit MasterCard® cards, deposits to local banks worldwide and payments to local e-wallets. Award-winning Payoneer has quickly become an innovator in the field of online payment solutions with thousands of companies and more than a million payees worldwide. Payoneer is a leading mass-payout company that provides solutions to enable both Fortune 100 companies as well as small businesses to make payments to 210 countries around the world.
Want to learn more about Payoneer? Visit Payoneer's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.