Director of Business Development, India
Payoneer, Bangalore, India
Connecting business, professionals, countries, and currencies
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
If you are the kind of person that loves to get things done, collaborate with colleagues all over the world and interested in joining a fast-growing global company that is trusted by the world’s top digital brands and truly cares for its customers, join us at Payoneer!
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables businesses of all sizes from anywhere in the world to access new economic opportunities by enabling them to transact globally as easily as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital payments platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from over 200 countries and territories. Leveraging robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure. Payoneer, founded in 2005, is headquartered in New York and has a team based all over the world with 13 locations in Asia Pacific.
Payoneer is looking for a seasoned, energetic, and ambitious Director of Business Development for India, who takes ownership to the highest level and can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. The role requires the person to devise new business models for growth in this region and at the same time nurture existing partner accounts through effective executive engagement. You will drive the engagement of new potential marquee customers, partners, manage an existing portfolio and handle the end-to-end partner ecosystem. Working in a dynamic business environment, you will be responsible for identifying and collaborating with the potential partners to drive acquisition and to create a platform to support large scale enterprise partners and millions of SMBs who use Payoneer’s services.
In addition to being adept at both business development and account management, the ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills to create programs and processes to enable the channel partnerships function to grow at scale. This role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to display their leadership skills and take ownership of the entire channel partnerships function.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy and global environment, with an ability to deal with ambiguity. Candidate should also have experience in developing and nurturing relationships at senior levels, as well as experience in managing teams and working in a global, cross-functional role and in a multicultural environment. He/she should also be a self-starter with eye for detail, strong analytics, with creative solutions, and in general share our drive to grow the business in the region. This role requires some travel (Post Pandemic).
- Build and grow a strong network of enterprise partners & Clients.
- Take on and grow existing portfolio of enterprise partners and onboard new ones.
- Build partnerships and relationships that drive acquisition of customers across multiple product offerings.
- Continue to develop a strong pipeline of API-integration opportunities that create value for Payoneer’s SMB and Partner ecosystem in the region.
- Take the lead in scaling our channel GTM function by creating new programs and processes to support continued growth of the partnerships team.
- Participate in mentoring team members in the region.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives that will drive new vertical and market development activities in the region.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Postgraduate degree from a top-tier university.
- 10+ years of experience in business development, enterprise sales or account management.
- Extensive experience in deal making, partnerships, managing relationships and creating new opportunities.
- Proven track record of exceptional ownership, ability to deal with ambiguity and meeting & exceeding targets.
- Strategic thinking coupled with ability to drive business end-to-end.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment, anticipate needs and drive results.
- Proven ability to work with multiple internal and external stake holders globally including at the most senior levels.
- Able to lead, define and manage long term strategy as well as day-to-day activities of teams across multiple countries.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative skills to quickly and accurately analyze complex information / data to draw conclusions and insights in clear written and oral communication.
- Business development experience in multiple countries in South Asia.
- Experience in fintech, payments, ecommerce ecosystems and other related industries.
About us Payoneer is an easy, secure, and cost-effective way for companies of all sizes to pay people and businesses throughout the world. Since 2005, Payoneer has provided companies with multiple ways to transfer payments, including prepaid debit MasterCard® cards, deposits to local banks worldwide and payments to local e-wallets. Award-winning Payoneer has quickly become an innovator in the field of online payment solutions with thousands of companies and more than a million payees worldwide. Payoneer is a leading mass-payout company that provides solutions to enable both Fortune 100 companies as well as small businesses to make payments to 210 countries around the world.
Want to learn more about Payoneer? Visit Payoneer's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.