Senior Strategy Manager
Payoneer, London, UK
Connecting business, professionals, countries, and currencies
A universe of opportunities. Open to you.
Payoneer’s mission is to empower anyone, anywhere to participate and succeed in the global economy. If our mission connects with your values, if you revel in solving complex challenges, and if you want to continuously advance your career, come realize your potential at Payoneer!
Life at Payoneer is a global community, where you’ll work with colleagues all over the world, in a hybrid or remote work frame. As an equal opportunity employer, the only things that matter to us are your skills, your drive and your desire to have a positive impact on others.
As Payoneer’s business grows and becomes more complex, we encounter new types of competitors, we serve new client segments with varying needs and we increasingly encounter more business opportunities and likewise more threats. All of this requires a team to help navigate the business to success. To that end, we’re now building the Business Strategy team.
The Business Strategy team is a small, high-impact team. We develop the insights and business plans required to answer the big strategic questions Payoneer faces. Whether that is designing our approach to new customer segments, evaluating how to maintain high-growth in our emerging businesses, defining our approach for M&As or aligning the organization around one shared coherent strategy.
We are not strategy consultants. While we’re interested in developing high level frameworks, we’re driven by a very nuanced, detailed understanding of our business. We also do what is needed to get the strategy and our initiatives into execution; Anything from working with Product to narrow MVP scopes to collaborating with Sales to sign a 1st client on a new offering.
If you’re excited like us about finding breakthrough insights and turning them into big results, we’d like to chat.
What you’ll be spending your time on:
- Independently own large, impactful strategy work end-to-end, develop insights required to drive breakthrough success
- Closely collaborate with local GTM teams to develop a nuanced understanding of the market and to drive initial traction on new offerings and initiatives
- Work with clients to prove the underlying thesis of your strategy work
- Clearly articulate the opportunities & directions you see to Payoneer’s leadership and gain alignment over resource investments
- Collaborate with Product, Ops and other internal teams to drive cross-company execution
- Track trends, competition, nuanced market needs to identify new opportunities Payoneer should pursue
Is this you?
The Payoneers are:
Accountable | Adaptable | Collaborative | Communicative | Fast Learners | Independent | Motivated | Problem Solvers | Resilient | Technically Proficient
Have you done this kind of stuff?
- 3/4+ years of experience in top tier strategy consulting firms, venture-capital, investment-banking or a strategy/corp-dev team in a high-tech company
- B.A/B.Sc. in an analytical discipline (Engineering, mathematics, economics, etc.)
- You are able to combine high level strategic thinking with a nuanced understanding of our users and product
- You are able to look at problems from novel perspectives and distill clarifying insights that connect with wide audiences
- You understand markets, competition, and how to leverage core competencies to create defensible strategies
- You look to take ownership to figure out the key insights and leading cross-functional initiatives to successful execution
- You have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners to solve hard problems
- You have a passion for technology and an understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- You are fluent in English
Who we are:
Payoneer (NASDAQ: PAYO) is the world’s go-to partner for digital commerce, everywhere. From borderless payments to boundless growth, Payoneer promises any business, in any market, the technology, connections and confidence to participate and flourish in the new global economy. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading brands, Payoneer offers a universe of opportunities, open to you.
About us Payoneer is an easy, secure, and cost-effective way for companies of all sizes to pay people and businesses throughout the world. Since 2005, Payoneer has provided companies with multiple ways to transfer payments, including prepaid debit MasterCard® cards, deposits to local banks worldwide and payments to local e-wallets. Award-winning Payoneer has quickly become an innovator in the field of online payment solutions with thousands of companies and more than a million payees worldwide. Payoneer is a leading mass-payout company that provides solutions to enable both Fortune 100 companies as well as small businesses to make payments to 210 countries around the world.
Want to learn more about Payoneer? Visit Payoneer's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.