What We Do: The Marketing Operations Team serves as the technical backbone of the broader marketing team. Our main areas of focus are automation, analytics/reporting, data optimization, and the overall marketing technology infrastructure.
What You Do: You'll play an integral role in email and landing page development and execution, including segmentation, testing, and deployment. You'll support critical marketing operations initiatives such as the lead lifecycle, scoring, nurturing, segmentation, and data cleansing. You know the devil is in the details and can build multiple campaigns at a time with a high-level of accuracy.
Day-in-the-Life: As the Marketing Automation Specialist, a typical day may include the following…
- Create an email program in Marketo, build and then test the email across various clients
- Review the project queue to ensure completion of requests before team commences work on them
- Set up A/B tests for poorly performing emails and optimize to improve engagement, using data from successful variations to inform the test
- Build the end-to-end operational components for a market-facing webinar, including the WordPress landing page, Marketo form, and integrations
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: You have a fundamental understanding of how our Marketo instance is structured and can complete basic tasks such as setting up email programs with minimal direction. You are aware of our different marketing channels and standard practices for various campaign types.
- Month 6: You have mastered the Marketo basics and have an in-depth understanding of our more sophisticated nurture programs, scoring campaigns, and overall automation workflows.
- Month 12: You are fully self-sufficient in Marketo and have a firm grasp on the overall automation ecosystem and database. You routinely collaborate with campaign managers on tests to optimize campaigns and can operate with little supervision.
- 2+ years of experience building emails, landing pages, and marketing automation workflows
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools (Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in marketing-related field)
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret and apply findings
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Fundamental knowledge of HTML/CSS
- MS Excel (pivot tables, vlookups)
Meet Your Manager: Emily Kucharczyk began her career in more general marketing functions, before finding her true passion: marketing operations. Emily spent a few years at various healthcare and tech companies learning everything possible about Marketo and operations before starting at PayScale in 2016. Emily has since built out the entire Marketing Operations team and is currently the Senior Manager of Marketing Operations.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Phone interview with Talent Acquisition
- Video interview with hiring manager, Emily
- Video interviews with key members of the team
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Strong Maternity and Paternity Leave benefits, and multiple onsite Mother’s Rooms
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation. PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
Want to learn more about PayScale? Visit PayScale's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.