Title: DevOps – Senior DevOps Engineer
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the role:
The DevOps tackles our organization's toughest technical problems and drives technical excellence at all levels, working with senior management to support the execution of the organization's vision. The DevOps / Sr. Devops/ Lead Devops is a person who cares deeply about the technical side of operations and making sure that everything is running smoothly for our applications. The ideal candidate understands technology deeply at both the server level and at the development level, comprehends the gaps and is excited about filling those gaps and taking proactive steps to prevent application emergencies from ever happening.
• Years of Experience: 3-6 years
• Educational Qualification: BE / B Tech in Computer Science or MCA from a premier institute.
• Strong communication skills.
• Should have demonstrated the ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role
• Strong understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts (IaS / IaaS). Participate in capacity planning and provisioning of new resources.
• Strong knowledge and experience of cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS), systems, network design, and cloud migration projects.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins) is a must. The ability to write groovy DSLs is an added advantage.
• Strong knowledge of Shell, along with one more language (Python, Groovy, or Java). -- for Infra codification job profile
• Strong prior experience using automation tools like Ansible, Terraform, Packer, etc.
• At least one-year exp in Docker and kubernetes (EKS/ AKS) - (For some job profiles)
• Prometheus management at Scale -- Thanos, Alert Manager, -- we handle over a million metric per second .
• Architect systems, infrastructure & platforms using Linux and Cloud Services [Amazon Web Services]
Why join us
As part of Devops Lending team at Paytm, you would
· Learn things at Scale (We have one of the highest traffic scales in India, and this means exciting challenges)
· Work in a very dynamic R&D Devops environment.
· Learn, Unlearn and Relearn -- New tools and technologies.
· Design Resilient HA Systems -- best in class HA systems (We do migrations without downtimes)
· Learn to think Analytically to make data-driven decisions.
· Incultivate the habit of Quality First.
Compensation: If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!