Title: QA Performance – QA Lead
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Sound box, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team: The Paytm Payment Gateway enables businesses to accept payments online from anywhere via different channels and devices. It helps in receiving payments from the customers online and acts as a link between their bank account and that of the merchants. The Paytm Payment Gateway is used by the biggest online brands and trusted by over 330 million customers in India. The Paytm Payment Gateway team is building the next generation tech stack to support the massive scale of payment transactions at Paytm. Thanks to a world class tech stack and infra, the Paytm Payment Gateway is able to support upto 3000 Transactions Per Second and over 7 billion transactions per year, while offering the best success rates in the industry.
About the role: Work with development/test teams to develop performance test plans and cases. Setup and configure performance testing tools to gather test results. Preparing data in support of full performance testing life cycle. Develop a performance testing approach using automated testing techniques. Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability. Analyze root causes of performance issues and provide corrective actions. Run manual tests wherever necessary. Review and recommend improvements to existing test procedures. Developing testing metrics and analyzing low performance software systems bottlenecks. Analyze test results to determine next steps and to provide development teams with recommendations on performance tuning. Generate test summary reports for team and management review.
· 6+ Years of experience in performance, scalability, and fault tolerance testing using JMeter, Gatling etc. (At least One tool)
· 4+ Years of performance monitoring and analytics using New Relic, AppDynamics etc (At least One tool)
· Should have experience as a Tech Lead.
· Working knowledge of RESTful APIs, XML, JSON.
· Knowledge of testing and analysing large and complex systems
· Knowledge of Jenkins/Hudson or another continuous integration and release management tool
· Working Knowledge in Unix/Linux environment/ Debugging skills
· Basic coding skills in Java
Skills that will help you succeed in this role
· Expert Level coding skills in Java (recent experience in back-end Java desired)
· Experience in deploying J2EE applications (in Tomcat etc.)
· Good knowledge of SCM tools including Git, subversion
· Knowledge of build automation tools e.g. maven
· Knowledge of one or more scripting languages e.g. shell, python, ruby, groovy
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be comfortable working with a distributed team
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
Why join us
· A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
· Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
· A solid 360 feedbacks from your peer teams on your support of their goals
· Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you. With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!