Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
PEAK6, Chicago, IL
Redefining what it means to be an investment firm PEAK6
PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at PEAK6, you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas that may benefit our financial services and trading businesses, and our investment companies. You’ll collaborate with some of tech’s sharpest minds to solve for the firm’s ever-changing but exciting challenges. Working in tech at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working in a team of test engineers to ensure that a high quality product is delivered and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Working closely with internal development teams to review and test new products designed for in-house traders.
- Determining and developing approaches to solutions while assisting with complex problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge.
- Reviewing requirements to determine test scope, and develop strategic test plans for test assignments.
- Performing functional, system and integration-level testing on newly developed and redesigned company software solutions.
- Documenting and summarizing test results and report findings.
- Developing and implementing detailed, tactical project plans, goals and objectives for complex projects.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience as a SDET/SDE or similar type of role. Preferably in Fin tech space.
- Proficient in Java/C#/C++ or Python preferably on Linux. Proficiency in GO/Groovy is a plus
- Worked on designing and implementing projects – preferably Automation frameworks.
- Familiarity with build & release tools
- Self-starter with 'whatever it takes' attitude in a dynamic work environment
- Great teamwork and communication skills
- Comfortable with SQL.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Automated testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of financials
All of our Test Engineers have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
Learn more about our culture on our website at peak6.com/culture.
The PEAK6 Difference Located in the historic Chicago Board of Trade Building, PEAK6 is redefining what it means to be an investment firm. We’re driven to see solutions others don’t—and capitalize on opportunities others miss. We operate with a focused, entrepreneurial drive and push ourselves to think differently. This ambitious, visionary approach has helped us become the diverse range of successful businesses we are today, which include investments and businesses across a range of industries. Founded on a great idea PEAK6 Investments, L.P. was created from the same ambitious, entrepreneurial culture that thrives in the firm today. Co-founders Matt Hulsizer and Jenny Just started their careers at O’Connor and Associates — a Chicago-based options trading firm with a particular specialty, and emphasis, on financial derivatives. In 1992, the firm was acquired by Swiss Bank Corporation. After the acquisition, Swiss Bank decided to head in a new direction. Entrepreneurs at heart, Matt and Jenny wanted to bring a different vision to life and decided to launch their own firm. And in 1997, PEAK6 Investments was launched. PEAK6 Investments became one of the first firms to develop sophisticated, proprietary technology, which more efficiently manages risk in the options market. This disciplined focus on risk management and technology has helped us achieve significant success in managing risk and making markets. From this singular focus, the firm continued to innovate, growing PEAK6 into a diverse group of thriving, successful businesses that now span many areas of the financial services sector. Why the name “PEAK6”? Not surprisingly, the story behind the PEAK6 name began in the mountains. Matt was in Breckenridge, Colorado and inspiration struck. He recalled someone once telling him it takes 6 peaks to make a mountain range. He was drawn to this notion of peaks and how they can stand alone and/or work together to form something even more powerful. This perfectly represented the vision for the new firm. And with that, the PEAK6 name took hold. Interestingly, the peak that Matt used as inspiration for our name so many years ago opened to the public in 2013. They named it Peak6. And no — we had nothing to do with it. It’s just fate working its magic.
Want to learn more about PEAK6? Visit PEAK6's website.
Jobs You May Like
Machine Learning Engineer
Schibsted, Oslo, Stockholm
Senior Software Engineer, Storage (any US location)
Etsy, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Full Stack Software Engineer
Confluent, Palo Alto, California
Staff Developer, Shopify Plus
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA