Peerspace invites people to find, share, and book the most magical spaces in the world. Since 2014, our community has been opening the door to thousands of spaces - from lofts and mansions to storefronts and studios - helping people to create one-of-a-kind experiences that would not be possible elsewhere. In total, over 5 million people have been welcomed into a Peerspace location, and we're looking for people who want to help us reach the next 50 million.
Peerspace is hiring a Software Engineer focused on the front-end stack (React, Redux, NPM, Node, NGINX) to join our team. We are looking for people with a passion for building beautiful user experiences with high design fidelity. As a team, we maintain a supportive development environment through mentorship, team offsites (when safe), and group code reviews.
● Partner with product and design to deliver web applications that meet technical, product, and design requirements.
● Build complex UIs, working with design to solve any tricky CSS challenges.
● Ship frequently - we develop in 2 week sprints that include retros focused on evolving and tuning our process.
● Work with modern front-end technologies like Redux, React, and Next.js
● Collaborate with the backend team as they define APIs and other services that support client applications.
● Have opportunities to work across the full architecture of a feature, if interested, as part of a product-focused scrum team.
● Work independently to research bugs and implement fixes, and add to our analytics event tracking library.
● Continually improve standard web metrics.
● Participate in our culture of improvement by joining code review meetings, writing technical documentation, and reviewing PRs for your teammates.
● Experience with web caching strategies and use of CDN.
● You thrive in an open and collaborative environment.
● You like to share - you write code that is modular and extensible whenever possible and leave code better than you found it.
● You love to ship - you can talk through examples of projects that you had end to end responsibility for.
● You want to go home every day knowing your work is valued and will materially impact the experience of Peerspace hosts and guests worldwide.
● Experience in a start-up environment
● Interest in React Native mobile development
● Interest in Clojurescript
● Strong user empathy
● An eye for design
● Competitive salary and equity compensation
● $500 annual professional development allowance
● Discount on all Peerspace bookings
● 100% employee coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
Peerspace is a remote first company with team members located in cities around the globe. We believe that access to flexible workspace makes us more productive. Flex work perks include:
● Laptop, high res display, and stipend to setup home office
● Monthly cell phone and internet credit
● Coworking membership if needed (in lieu of home office)
● Access to the Peerspace network of inspiring spaces to do your best work
● Biannual in-person, all company offsites and team-building events (in Peerspace locations, of course)
At Peerspace, we're dedicated to creating a team that's diverse, equitable and inclusive. Our workplace is a space where all team members are empowered to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and take pride in their work. We believe bringing people together from different backgrounds and identities makes us stronger and better serves the Peerspace community. We'd especially like to encourage applicants from different backgrounds, locations, and experiences.