Peerspace invites people to find, share, and book the most magical spaces in the world. Since 2014, our community has been opening the door to thousands of spaces - from lofts and mansions to storefronts and studios - helping people to create one-of-a-kind experiences that would not be possible elsewhere. In total, over 5 million people have been welcomed into a Peerspace location, and we're looking for people who want to help us reach the next 50 million.
We are looking for a software engineer to join the mobile team and become an expert in one or more of the business-critical technical areas for our consumer facing marketplace. We are looking for people with a passion for building effective user experiences with high user engagement. You’ll get to work on critical product engineering projects that ship. You’ll be using modern design patterns and coding standards, while helping to migrate existing legacy code. You’ll also work closely with design to continue building out a quality user experience. As a team, we maintain a supportive development environment through mentorship, team offsites, and group code reviews. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
● End-to-end product development from planning, to coding and into deployment every two weeks
● Creating reusable and testable code
● Interfacing with Product team and providing insightful feedback
● Daily standups, weekly developer check ins and bi-weekly retrospectives
● Identify problem areas and improve them - both in process and in code
● Drive initiatives to improve the reliability and scalability of the platform.
● Participate in our culture of improvement by joining code review meetings, writing technical documentation, and reviewing PRs for your teammates.
● Serve as a mentor to more junior engineers
● Champion the experience and security of our users and keep their privacy top of mind at all times
● 5+ year of experience in software development
● Production-level React Native experience
● Experience in functional component design
● Willingness to learn and use new technologies
● Experience in Redux architecture
● Experience using React Hooks
● Java 11+
● Swift 5+
● Knowledge of immutability patterns
● Experience in middleware construction
● Experience with Redux-Saga
● Experience using Fastlane
Working At Peerspace
Peerspace is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work™ and we're a remote first company with team members located in cities around the globe. Beyond competitive salary and equity compensation, we provide a range of benefits and perks, including:
● 100% employee coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
● $500 annual professional development allowance
● Discount on all Peerspace bookings
● Laptop, high res display, and stipend to setup home office
● Monthly cell phone and internet credit
● Coworking membership if needed (in lieu of home office)
● Access to the Peerspace network of inspiring spaces to do your best work
● Flexible take it as you need it time off policy
● Wellness Fridays observed company wide
● Biannual in-person, all company offsites and team-building events (in Peerspace locations, of course)
At Peerspace, we're dedicated to creating a team that's diverse, equitable and inclusive. Our workplace is a space where all team members are empowered to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and take pride in their work. We believe bringing people together from different backgrounds and identities makes us stronger and better serves the Peerspace community. We'd especially like to encourage applicants from different backgrounds, locations, and experiences.