Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Application Scaling
Peloton, NY HQ
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Platform Engineering at Peloton builds tools and services to enable product engineering teams to iterate on ideas quickly and deliver highly reliable and scalable products. We are tackling challenging problems at scale as a result of the rapid growth in our user base and the growth of our engineering team. Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for building frameworks, tools, and services for Peloton’s backend application infrastructure and improving application scalability.
- Leverage production monitoring/profiling/tracing tools and performance/load testing to discover application bottlenecks.
- Use a variety of techniques such as data modeling, query optimization, caching to improve application performance.
- Propose and implement larger scope architectural changes which would help significantly scale Peloton application for the long term. Such changes could include appropriate use of different kinds of databases (Relational/NoSQL/Graph), replication and partitioning of data, queueing and pubsub, etc.
- Evangelize best practices in performance and scalability engineering, participate in architecture design reviews.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Deep understanding of concurrency and threading, operating system internals, and networking.
- Experience scaling large scale web applications. Good understanding of request processing, caching, queuing, data storage, partitioning, and replication. Demonstrated experience leveraging those understandings to solve scaling challenges.
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Java, C++, C), and ability to discuss trade-offs of a few programming languages.
- Self directed and detail oriented with ability to come up with thorough analysis of production issues or design proposals.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
Experience in the following areas:
- Request Processing: Restful API endpoint design principles, HTTP, TCP
- Caching: Memcache, Redis
- Relational Database: Postgres, or MySQL
- NoSQL Database: Cassandra, Dynamodb, Mongodb, etc
- Monitoring/Tracing/Profiling: Monitoring tools such as Datadog, Tracing tools such as Zipkin or Datadog APM
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
(Senior) Software Engineer, Messaging Android SDK
Twilio, Tallinn, Estonia
Senior Frontend Engineer
Slack, San Francisco
Lead Consultant - Application Development
Senior Software Engineer
Curalate, Philadelphia, PA
Senior Backend Engineer
Revfluence, San Francisco
Front End Engineer
CiBO Technologies, Saint Louis, Missouri