Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Load Testing
Peloton, NY HQ
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Platform Engineering at Peloton builds tools and services to enable product engineering teams to iterate on ideas quickly and deliver highly reliable and scalable products. We are tackling challenging problems at scale as a result of the rapid growth in our user base and the growth of our engineering team. Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for building frameworks, tools, and services for Peloton’s backend application infrastructure and improving application scalability.
- Lead the engineering efforts to develop and maintain toolings/services to automatically orchestrate the load test infrastructure.
- Responsible for setting load test targets and achieving the ability to load test accurately against the targets.
- Evaluate and establish new load test tools, processes, and best practices.
- Write tooling to create and maintain test environments, including data and configuration.
- Working collaboratively with developers across engineering teams to gather and solidify load test requirements.
- Create and maintain load test scenarios. Execute and analyze load test results.
- Educate and onboard product engineers with writing scenarios and running load tests.
- Identify and report load test related issues and ensure they are tracked and addressed.
- Educate developers on best practices and techniques for improving application performance.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- 4+ years of experience with performance/load testing, tooling and automation. Strong familiarity with performance/load test tools such as Gatling, JMeter, Locust, BlazeMeter.
- Demonstrated experience in using performance and monitoring tools to analyze and resolve performance related issues. Such tools include Datadog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk, Zipkin, database query logs.
- 4+ years of experience leading/mentoring software engineers.
- Self directed and detail oriented with ability to come up with thorough analysis of load test and production issues.
- Ability to gather and analyze developer and user pain points.
- Demonstrated experience owning and delivering end to end product functionality from design/architect, to implementation, to testing, to production release and monitoring
- Solid devops skills with proficient use of Linux, AWS, and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Embedded SW, LTE Modem
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Intrepid Senior Web Developer
Accenture, MA - Boston, USA
Liftoff, Palo Alto
Senior Backend Engineer
Honey, Downtown Los Angeles
Senior Android Engineer - CRM Platform
Tinder, Los Angeles