ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is an opportunity to lead the industrial design on the expanding product footwear line at Peloton. You will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and key business stakeholders to develop innovative Shoes for our bike and related products. You're highly motivated, super organized, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. You will own the category and champion your designs throughout the organization.
* This is a contract opportunity offering ~30 hours per week for approximately 3-months with possible extension.
- End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product execution and launch. Active participant and driving force in complete product development cycle.
- Develop ground up Last and tech pack
- Work with existing visual brand language while advancing Peloton’s identity and materials into a growing category
- Capable of creating design hand off CAD for manufacture
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation thought leadership to adjacent teams.
- Work with outside suppliers to enable design success and address technical issues in the development process.
- Leads brainstorming sessions with other senior technical staff, product management, design, and marketing team members.
- Inspires peers with a creative approach to thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Focus on Shoe, Fashion, Product or Automotive
- 6+ years experience in a design role
- Must posses a deep of understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of shoe construction and manufacturing
- Knowledge of technical processes and ability to address lasts, patterns, blueprints and molds at a general level
- Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Personnel management experience
- Shoe Industry Experience in Cycling or Cleats
- Advanced surfacing with Alias or Rhino a plus
- You have the ability to produce amazing sketches and renderings at a lightning pace and then translate those designs to class A surfaces
Please provide a portfolio or your we will not be able to review you as a candidate!
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.