Strategic Sourcing Manager – Mechanical
Peloton, NY HQ
High-energy group fitness in your living room
At Peloton, Strategic Sourcing Managers collaborate with Engineering teams to ensure we have a high quality, cost effective supply base that is able to also deliver components to meet our production demand. As a Sourcing Manager, you will serve as the primary contact for internal teams and external partners/suppliers for sourcing and procurement. You'll identify key components, identify potential suppliers and build consensus cross functionally to qualify those suppliers. You'll lead and support the development, implementation and management of global strategies to provide Peloton with optimal flexibility, quality, and supply assurance. Working closely with Product Management, Hardware/ Software Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality Engineering and Operations teams, you will maintain long-term supplier relationships.
- Identify opportunities for increased competitive bidding, smarter supplier relationships and more efficient processes. Collaborate with teams across the globe to speed up innovation.
- Know the supply market (or have the research and technical skills to be able to come up to speed quickly) in order to educate stakeholders and make better decisions.
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
- Manage robust supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise request for proposals (RFPs), eAuctions and a data driven approach.
- Help drive quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up
- Travel internationally to supplier’s manufacturing sites (~20% travel)
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment
- 7+ years of direct experience in supplier/supply chain management
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies
- Knowledge of basic supply agreement construction; understanding of key contracting provisions/requirements
- Exceptional ability to solve problems and coordinate with global team members
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- The ideal individuals will have a focus on any of the following: Mechanical engineering, mechanical development, manufacturing practices/techniques involving CNC Machined parts, sheet metal, enclosures, castings, jigs, tooling, fixtures, injection molding, vacuum forming, plastic parts, ceramics, etc.
- MBA degree.
- Quick learner with interest in understanding and applying global supplier best practices.
- Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body. We recently expanded our product line to include the revolutionary Tread, a Treadmill oriented, full body workout.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at http://www.onepeloton.com/.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Palantir Technologies, Denver, CO
German Speaking Verification Specialist
Sterling Talent Solutions, Swansea WA GB
Sustaining Process Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Materials Scale-Up Intern
Markforged, Watertown, MA
Algorithm Engineer/Data Scientist
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Remote Product & Sales Specialist for Galapagos (English + French)
Ventura TRAVEL, Remote