Android Engineer- Entry Level- Spring/Summer 2018
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
In this Role you will:
You will be working on the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton bike. The 22 in tablet that you see on our bikes is actually runs on our own custom Android system. You and your team will be working with live streaming technology and low latency video chat as well as bringing the social ecosystem of a fitness class to life on the Peloton platform. We’re looking for engineers who are excited about the Android platform and obsessed with perfecting user experience and aesthetic. Currently the Android team is working on things like real-time notifications during Peloton Rides, in-ride video chat, and ultimately creating the best nav workflow for our Riders through a redesign of the On-demand Library.
On a typical day, you will:
- Gain experience using new open source tools like: Butterknife, Realm DB, Glide, and many others
- Work with an Agile development environment with peer engineers on a daily basis to scope, develop and deliver a software experience that realizes the product strategy
- Work with building UI’s for uniquely sized Android tablets focused on streaming video and unique unique User Experiences
- Build new features to enhance the User Experience for both riders and the instructors
- Interact very closely with both the Product and the Design teams to build a bright and interactive UX
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or other related engineering experience
- Be self motivated and have strong time management skills
- Have experience with git or svn
- Have experience interacting with REST API
- Properly write unit tests for your code
- Have a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Have a good understanding of web technologies and Linux
- Thrive working in a fast pace, start-up environment with constant learning
*Peloton will consider any candidate that currently has the legal right to work for Peloton in the United States.
Bonus Points if you:
- Have Github Projects or applications in the Playstore
- Have working Test Driven Development experience
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high design with modern technology to provide access to live-streaming and on-demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a start of the art studio and the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Peloton offers cloud-based live streaming of instructional cycling exercise content on a multi-touch console equipped with social elements.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Intelligence Developer
Staff/Sr. Staff+ Hardware Performance Engineer
Box, Redwood City, CA
Front End Engineer
Senior Frontend Engineer
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Staff Electrical Engineer, Power Electronics
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Hong Kong