Backend Engineer - Entry Level - Spring/Summer 2018
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
You will be working with a team of backend engineers to develop infrastructure that drives the Peloton platform. We’re looking for someone passionate about data and performance. You’ll be working on a fast moving team that’s rapidly changing the face of the fitness industry across multiple platforms including API, E-Commerce, Infrastructure, Data Engineering and any software that powers our fitness technology.
On a typical day, you will:
- Help lead backend development and cross-team engineering
- Design and implement features from the ground up for our rapidly growing platform
- Improve and contribute to current development and engineering practices
- Work with Product and other Engineering teams to rapidly release new features used by hundreds of thousands of users
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or other related engineering experience
- Experience in one or several programming languages from either a professional or academic setting
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- Experience with at least one database engine (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
*Peloton will consider any candidate that currently has the legal right to work for Peloton in the United States.
Bonus Points If You
- Have Python experience
- Have worked as an engineer on a large scale internet application, playing an instrumental role in its development and design
- Have worked in an e-commerce environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Peloton offers cloud-based live streaming of instructional cycling exercise content on a multi-touch console equipped with social elements.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.