Front-End Engineer- Entry Level- Spring/Summer 2018
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
You will be working on the team that creates and expands the Peloton ecosystem on the web. You and your team will be working on the front lines to implement a complicated user experience that can be seamless for both Mobile and Web users. Our website and web applications are an essential part of acquiring, connecting, and maintaining our current and potential users.. We are looking for engineers who are excited about developing complex, interactive websites that have very thoughtful UX/UI. Currently, the team is working on bringing React and Redux to the code base, as well as re-working our continuous delivery pipeline while passing ownership from the SRE team to the Frontend team:
On a typical day, you will:
- Gain experience working with Open Source tools like Typescript, Sass, Jade and more.
- Implement Peloton Cycle’s web experience leveraging our real time REST API
- Work within an agile development environment with peer engineers on a daily basis to scope, develop and deliver a software experience that realizes the product strategy
- Work extremely close with UX/UI designers and Product managers
- Make unique software with a great team dedicated to disrupting a category.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or other related engineering experience
- A curiosity for learning, with a growing interest in Web development and User experience.
- Passion for building consumer-facing websites and social experience
- Excellent time management skill and ability to accomplish tasks independently
- Experience interacting with REST API
- Strong appreciation for Smart UI’s and design
- Can properly write unit testing for your code
*Peloton will consider any candidate that currently has the legal right to work for Peloton in the United States.
Bonus Points if you:
- Have an MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Have Github Project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have experience building component based UI's
- Used reactive frameworks in the past
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Peloton offers cloud-based live streaming of instructional cycling exercise content on a multi-touch console equipped with social elements.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Kobalt Music Group, London
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Software Engineer, Credit Services
OnDeck, New York, Arlington VA
Senior Web Developer
Lush Cosmetics, Vancouver
React Native Engineer
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
IT Senior Systems Administrator
Cherwell Software, Colorado Springs, CO