ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney to guide key business functions, including our music, software, marketing, and content teams, in managing the company’s media-focused matters. Media Counsel will be responsible for advising internal clients and managing outside counsel on music licensing, music and other media partnerships, content development and distribution, as well as contracts and projects related to brand, advertising, and intellectual property development and protection. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Be responsible for the strategic management of Peloton’s international music licensing and partnership activities, including business and partner development in cooperation with Peloton’s Head of Music
- Advise internal clients and business partners on risks and opportunities related to Peloton’s media assets and priorities, including marketing campaigns, content production, technology partnerships, and content distribution
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts for stakeholders in the music, marketing, content and creative organizations, with assistance of outside counsel where appropriate
- Assist in drafting and implementing internal policies for risk and content management, including reporting processes and best practices
- Strong working knowledge of domestic and international copyright laws
- Experience drafting and negotiating music licenses with record labels, music publishers, PROs and other content owners and rights licensors
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Fastidious organization and focus in prioritizing and managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to collaborate with all personality types, including creatives and other entertainment industry players
- Must be able to work independently and as a strong team player (no job is too small or too large), with a willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Knowledge about the consumer tech world
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- 6+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house practice focusing on music licensing and ancillary matters (in-house experience preferred)
- A member in good standing of the NY or CA State Bar
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.