The Manufacturing Engineer will research, design, develop and recommend manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs (contract manufactures), ODMs (original design manufacturers), & internally. Manufacturing Processes will include, but not limited to, CNC machining, assembly, testing, heat treating, welding, stamping, pressing, bending, plastic injection molding and finishing. The Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical/customer requirements, lead DFM (Design for Manufacturability) efforts, perform detailed material cost calculations, create/manage project timelines, and oversee NPI (New Product Introductions) and running product changes.
The Manufacturing Engineer will also provide day-to-day manufacturing technical support for internal customers and CMs/ODMs, factory floor, generate cost reduction and continuous improvement ideas and implement those ideas on the floor.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing expertise in manufacturability
- Participate in down-selection, supplier sourcing, qualification, and integration of components and vendors used in Peloton’s products; collaborate with Quality team to define requirements for shipment
- Communicates with ODMs, CMs, and vendors to prioritize and solve problems and understand/refine technical requirements for products and processes.
- Performs detailed material, labor, and outside processing cost calculations. Submits cost calculations to management for approval and articulates the logic and justification for those calculations.
- Creates Manufacturing Instructions and SOP’s for new products and product changes
- Manages the manufacturing change order process.
- Creates plans, schedules, and timelines to manage NPI launch and transition to production.
- Designs machining and assembly fixtures and tooling.
- Researches and recommends new applications for existing materials, products, and processes to provide revenue growth opportunities for Peloton
- Analyzes factory capacity and capability, recommends equipment purchases, performs financial payback analysis, and submits Capital Expenditure requests to management.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, evaluating results.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Partners with Peloton Supply Chain to identify, analyze, and qualify new suppliers.
- Voice of Peloton manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Four-year college degree in an Engineering discipline is required. Mechanical or Manufacturing is preferred.
- 5 or more years Engineering experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment is required (NPI to volume MFG stage)
- Experience in the working with Asian CMs/ODMs industry is strongly preferred.
- CNC machining, assembly, testing, heat treating, welding, stamping, pressing, bending, plastic injection molding and finishing
- Manufacturing techniques and process development
- Microsoft Office applications and CAD/CAM (SolidWorks preferred).
- Interpret engineering drawings, tolerances, GD&T
- Value-Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Kaizen, Lean, 5S, Statistical Process Control
- Managing large manufacturing capital projects ($1M+)
This position requires travel internationally and must be willing to travel at least 30% or more as needed by the business.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.