We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Accounting team. You will play a key role in the Finance department during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. The Manager of Accounting will be responsible for taking ownership of various workstreams within the controllership organization, and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, external reporting processes and internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business. You are a demonstrated leader who excels in managing people and can exceed goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Assist in the timely management of the month end financial statement close process by keeping team priorities on track and assisting staff when necessary
- Review and approve journal entries and GL reconciliations prepared by staff / senior accountants on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ownership and responsibility of timely and accurate performance of monthly account reconciliations for areas including equity, share-based compensation, and leasing and occupancy.
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting
- Be heavily involved with implementation of new lease accounting standard, ASC 842, and work closely with internal and external teams develop new accounting processes to transition the existing lease population to comply with ASC 842 standards.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Assist in the creation of schedules and reporting requests when new revenue streams arise and as new areas of the business are formed
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Be the right hand to the Assistant Controller with other responsibilities including participation and management of special projects, ERP implementation, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses as requested
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license required
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private and public accounting experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage and develop the careers of direct reports
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience with Netsuite and/or Blackline
- Industry experience in SaaS-based technology companies, retail, consumer products, and/or media a plus
- Experience in a high growth organization
- International reporting a plus
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lincoln International, New York, NY
Real Estate Agent (Sacramento, CA)
Movoto, Sacramento, CA
Sales Compensation Analyst
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Senior Revenue Intelligence Analyst
QuanticMind, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Executive Compensation Analyst
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA