Peloton is seeking a Product UI Design Intern to take a supportive role in the creation of interactive interfaces for our core engagement products: such as the Peloton web and mobile apps, the Peloton Bike, and the Peloton Tread.
You will be supporting and learning from a team of talented creatives focused on interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how Peloton’s engagement products “look” and “feel”. You’ll be working on a fast moving team that’s rapidly changing the face of fitness industry.
Note: Along with your Resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are looking for an undergraduate or graduate student with a background in UI design that is able to commit at least 20 hours a week for a minimum of 8 weeks.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work closely and collaboratively with a Senior UI Designer, UX designer, and Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Help maintain design systems, files and libraries in conjunction with the wider Product UI Design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Iterate and offer versions based on design critique or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion to enhance UI.
- Execute UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- QA developed software for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
- Strong visual design aesthetic.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant design experience.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design and prototyping tools. After Effects or other motion graphics tools are a plus.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Focused and dedicated to how products “look” and “feel”.
- Design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Collaborative and iterative approach to product design.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- Building element-based UI design library and style guide.
- Designing for: native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; experiences arger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Cloud & Hosting Services
Senior Director, Strategic Product Partnerships
Dashlane, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Search
Udemy, Turkey, Ankara
Product Reliability Engineer
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Associate Product Manager, Connectivity
TripAdvisor, Oxford, United Kingdom
Sr. Product Manager, Social Experience
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA