Peloton Hardware is a fully integrated product development group working with top talent across multiple disciplines to create one of the most holistic products on the market. We pride ourselves as a group that has reinvented a category while challenging our manufacturers to make products of superior quality in a way that has never been done before.
This role is an opportunity to lead the industrial design on the growing product line of fitness accessories and products at Peloton. You will lead cross-functional design of the hardware and user experience aspects of product development. You will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and key business stakeholders to develop innovative features for our bike and related products. You're highly motivated, super organized, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product execution and launch. Active participant and driving force in complete product development cycle.
- Independently leading complete design projects of high complexity.
- Contributes to defining and advancing Peloton’s product design language and visual brand identity
- Capable of creating production-ready 3D CAD databases for hand off to engineering and model makers
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation thought leadership to adjacent teams.
- Work with outside suppliers to enable design success and address technical issues in the development process.
- Leads brainstorming sessions with other senior technical staff, product management, design, and marketing team members.
- Inspires peers with creative approach to thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- 6 -15 years experience in a design role
- Must posses a deep of understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes. Demonstrates a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and adjacent technical domains such as EE, SW, etc.
- Solidworks (must have), Alias, Rhino, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Bike or indoor fitness industry experience
- Worked in a variety of industries including large scale product
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Starcity, San Francisco, California
Team Agile Coach
Index Exchange, Toronto (North York)
Peloton, NY HQ
Sr. PA - Alliances, Public Cloud Provider
Pivotal Software, Portland, OR
Product Manager, Player
Vimeo, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
Rapid7, Cambridge, MA