Director, Sales Training and Development
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton's brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
We are seeking a leader to build a multi-faceted sales training platform and development culture across Peloton's sales channels. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will work closely with Sales, Acquisition Marketing, Brand and Product to deliver strategic and tactical sales and training methods for all products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and facilitating a training program to support the Inside, Retail and Commercial Sales teams
* Utilize a variety of methods including, but not limited to LMS, classroom sessions, conference calls, in-store/on-site visits, webinars, external tools (software), etc.
* Responsible for new hire training curriculum, including but not limited to systems, policies and procedures, sales methodology, customer service, POS, and other critical operational areas
* Responsible for ongoing skills and knowledge development
* Conduct basic needs assessment
* Identify opportunity areas
* Design and effectively implement methods to educate and enhance performance
* Conduct knowledge assessment exercises to ensure retention and use
* Plan, create content, and execute bi-annual internal leadership sales summits and development days for retail management and other sales team leaders
* Assist teams with proper goal-setting tools including career, personal and fitness
* Communicate ongoing training needs (budget, internal resources, etc) to sales management. Monitor results and share feedback.
* Develop training "champions" to assist with best practices information collaboration and sharing
* Prepare assessments to measure training effectiveness, retention and performance
* Create surveys to measure training participant satisfaction
* 8+ years of experience in sales training and coaching
* Strong knowledge in training/coaching sales methodologies
* Excellent presentation, written and selling skills
* Demonstrated passion for fitness and wellness
* Proficiency with MS and Google applications, Apple Products, CRM (Salesforce in particular) and LMS
At Peloton, the health and well-being of our employees is of the utmost importance to us. In addition to a competitive base salary with generous bonus potential, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits plan and paid time off to all full-time employees. Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and hires only on the basis of skills and experience.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.