ABOUT THE ROLE
The International Freight Manager role is responsible for all aspects of strategy, coordination and execution related to international freight movements. As the owner of this process it will be critical that the applicant has experience managing all facets of ocean, air & domestic bookings as well as carrier contract negotiations. Management of freight will encompass origin bookings up to warehouse delivery in North America as part of the purchase order lifecycle. Expectations are that the candidate will establish measurable SLAs and hold our freight providers accountable to them. Key parts of the position will be to optimize our origin vendor management and streamline all destination operations creating a seamless end to end process.
Candidate will be expected to build best practices for our international fulfillment structure and help develop a long-term strategy to sustain the company’s fast paced growth.
- Creation and management of RFP process for incumbent and future freight providers: freight forwarders and/or carrier direct relationships
- Ownership of all communication and negotiation for freight contracts as well as any associated increases: e.g. GRI, PSS etc.
- Manage all facets of international distribution including but not limited to: carrier allocation, prioritization, service selection and capacity management/contract adherence
- Full origin vendor management of bookings and sailings ensuring PO arrival requirements are being met
- Proactively manage freight movements between destination port and warehouse while balancing priority changes
- Supervision and dispatch coordination of all drayage carriers as well as associated contract negotiation
- Maintenance and audit of current tariff classifications for current & new products working with customs brokers
- Ensure company is in compliance with US CBP record keeping and reporting requirements including annual entry audits
- Coordinate with US Customs & Border Protection, USFDA, USDA and other government agencies as needed
- Involved with creation and maintaining standard operating procedures for all 3PLs
- Develop and execute cost effective freight solutions throughout the various modes of transportation utilized by Peloton
- Operations teams liaison for all international freight industry issues & trends related to Peloton business and their impact upon achieving company business targets
- Ensuring all information related to international movements is accurately captured and updated in our ERP
- 8-10 year experience in managing international freight distribution either at freight forwarder or importer
- Previous skill in managing origin bookings for multiple Asia based vendors
- Proficient at negotiating and executing ocean & drayage contracts
- Strong, verbal communication & cross functional coordination skills
- Ability to lead, support and manage the global team working on the Peloton transportation account
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and extremely well organized
- Previous start-up experience is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Head of Dental Sales, North America
Service Fahrer in Vollzeit (Stuttgart) - HelloFreshGO (m/w/x)
Product Manager Intern | Mental Health Incubator Startup @ Harvard i-lab, non-profit
Affect Mental Health, Boston, MA
Automation Control, Sr. Analyst
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Manager, Subscription Operations and Technology
Birchbox, New York