IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
You will be an engineer on the team that creates and expands the Peloton ecosystem on the web. This is a 3-6 month contract role that can lead into a full time position. You and your team will be working on the front lines to implement a intricate user experience that can be seamless for Web users. Currently, our website brings in 1-2 million unique visitors, with over 6 million page views a month! We are looking for senior engineers who are excited about developing complex, interactive websites that have very thoughtful UX/UI.
- Gain experience working with tools like Typescript, React, Redux, and styled-components
- Implement Peloton’s web experience leveraging our real time REST API
- Work within an agile development environment with peer engineers on a daily basis to scope, develop and deliver a software experience that realizes the product strategy
- Make unique software with a great team dedicated to disrupting a category.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Passion for building consumer-facing websites and social experience
- 2+ years of working development experience
- Excellent time management skill and ability to accomplish tasks independently
- Experience interacting with REST API
- Proficient developing skills, devoting at least 75% of time working hands-on, writing code in their current position
- A BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
- Strong appreciation for Smart UI’s and design
- Have experience building component based UI's
- A passion for the ever-changing technology that happens on the Web
- Can properly write unit testing for your code
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have an MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Have lead engineering teams in the past
- Have Github Project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer, Full-Stack (Monetization)
Reddit, San Francisco
Meteor Development Group, San Francisco
Customer Insights Data Analyst (Green Chef)
HelloFresh, Boulder, CO
Professional Services Engagement Manager
Tradeshift, San Francisco, California
Salesforce Solutions Architect
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - MADRID
JOOR, Madrid, Spain