Senior Android Engineer (Internal Tools)
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
You will be working on the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton bike and treadmill. You will get the opportunity to work within the Peloton operating system (based on Android OS).
Peloton's System Engineering team is looking for an experienced, well-rounded Senior Android Engineer to work on our Internal Tools and Automated Verification team. In this role, you will directly take responsibility for the quality of the product and work closely with Software/Hardware developers, Product Management and help teams cultivate a quality mindset, coach and advocate for quality while assisting teams with software testing practices.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Ability to mentor, coach and lead other team members
- Solid understanding of Java/Kotlin for Android development
- Solid understanding of Git/Gerrit
- Solid understanding of threading, memory management and architecture patterns
- Experience designing, implementing and/or debugging systems software or complex embedded firmware
- Good Analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting, peer review and test automation scenarios
- Good reporting skills to consolidate various automated test reports into meaningful dashboard(s) for quick access by the broader team
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Experience in automated test frameworks such as Espresso
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Set up test frameworks and help set up automation infrastructure for Peloton systems
- Build test frameworks and help set up automation infrastructure for Peloton systems
- Perform low-level debugging and testing of firmware/System OS/applications
- Contribute to the development of verification strategy, test design, and test infrastructure
- Participate actively in bug/issue triage with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- Work with teams to understand test automation gaps and implement coverage
- Assist in driving adoption of best practices in testing and maintainability
- Create tools to validate OS libraries
- Review output from static analysis tools and assist in resolving defects
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Hands on experience with Linux, Python and C/C++
- Hands on experience with the Android OS
- Hands on experience with setting up and configuring Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience interacting with REST API for test reporting
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.