Director of Technical Program Management- Engagement
Peloton, NY HQ
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Engagement team at Peloton builds products and features to our subscribed customers (Bike, Tread, Digital). We are constantly deepening our UI to increase the motivation and interactions that happen with our hardware and content. In the past year, Peloton has expanded our product offering to include a Bike, Treadmill, and now digital product. During this expansion, our user’s needs have increased in complexity. As we’ve expanded in product offering, we are also expanding in the variety of platforms that deliver this amazing user experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and leading the team of TPMs (Technical Program Managers) who support product development for the engagement platform. You will work closely in collaboration with cross-functional members to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives. You will ensure tight alignment of activities across teams through cross-functional planning, regular communications, and status updates.
- Collaborates with cross functional team members from Engineering, IT, Design, Product and Marketing in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives
- Staffs and manages team of Technical Program Managers that support Peloton’s Engagement experience on Bike, Tread, and Digital Apps.
- Evangelizes and lead teams in agile methodologies
- Drives continuous improvement using data and information from teams to identify issues and ways to improve
- Leads, coaches and mentors Program Management Team for professional development
- Builds an effective team management plan including program/project reviews, constant learning and feedback loop
This role will initially report directly to the Sr Director, Technical Program Management
- Proven ability to develop teams
- 5-7 years working in an agile environment
- 7+ years in a project management position and technology space
- 5+ years managing / mentoring a team of project / program managers
- Core skills fully developed
- Demonstrates in-depth ability to solve complex problems
- Years of experience not essential at this point of contribution
- Demonstrates ability to manage TPMs
- Sets goals for teams
- Has successful track record of growing and coaching individuals
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.