You will be working on the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton bike and treadmill. As a Senior Video Android Engineer, you will be helping shape the future of Peloton playback experience. You will be working with a team of extremely talented engineers to provide the best video playback experience at scale, as well implement new playback functionalities. You will also be responsible for iterating on the process, technology, and communication throughout your team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of hands-on professional software development experience
- 4+ years Android development experience
- Strong practical experience with audio/video or graphics on Android
- Solid understanding of Android Framework
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
- Experience with GPU/Chipset hardware acceleration on Android
- Experience with MediaCodec, OpenMax, or OpenGL
- Solid understanding of video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH) and codecs (H.264, AV1)
- Solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Solid understanding of modern architecture patterns
- Ability to profiling process, memory, and threading in Android
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Ability to manage complex cross-team coordination
- Solid experience with Git
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience building cross-platform libraries/SDKs
- Have a diverse knowledge of programming languages
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have experience with test-driven development
- Have experience with automation testing
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have an MS in Computer Science or Engineering
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike, Tread, Mobile App and Web platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Front End Engineer
United Technologies Digital, New York
Software Engineer, Professional Services
C3, Paris, France
Authentication Platform Security Engineer
Confluent, Austin, Texas
Sr.Director/Director, Data Science
Lucid, New York
Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer - SF
Twilio, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, California