In this role, you will:
Peloton Systems Engineering is hiring creative software engineers who have a passion for great products and technology, and want to use that passion to develop innovative, industry leading fitness products in an incredibly fun, fast-paced, and highly collaborative team environment. You will be an active part of a multidisciplinary team and will design and develop firmware for custom, leading-edge hardware products. Working with electrical and mechanical engineers, project managers, and client teams, you will have an identifiable impact on the success of projects and end products.
The ideal candidate will have:
A passion for quality code and experience with writing software from high-level embedded applications down to register-level device drivers are essential; good client interaction skills, leadership ability, and an egoless approach to teamwork are highly valued.
The successful candidate has a strong electronics design and development background who will provide technical leadership as well as individual technical contribution as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded
hardware/software systems. The candidate should be passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
Necessary Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Work with a small, multi-disciplinary development team to create and design software for execution on bare metal or embedded operating systems.
- Work independently on project tasks as well as work as a team member of a larger project team.
- Work with project managers in Agile/Scrum settings
- Be a creative element that delivers innovative solutions from concept to production.
- Conduct/participate in product design reviews to provide technical input on product designs and quality.
- Conduct software unit tests to exercise your implemented functionality.
- Document your software designs.
- Lead and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Troubleshooting and fix production firmware.
- Strong experience Linux Kernel & Cortex - A series processors
- Comfortable using logic analyzers, JTAG, oscilloscopes
- Interact with team and clients to clearly communicate work progress and design details
- Work with clients to define requirements, develop software architecture, provide status updates, and plan sprints
- Work independently on small projects or in larger project teams
- Participate in brainstorms outside your area of expertise
- Contribute expertise to and learn from the larger software group
- 7+ years of software development
- Strong C programming skills
- Demonstrated curiosity in engineering and the ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to project needs
- Strong interest in embedded systems and software with preference given to those with current experience
- 4 year degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Creative, proactive, and detail-oriented individual with excellent written and spoken communication skills
- An understanding in software engineering best practices
Bonus points if you:
- Strong C++/Java/Bash/Python skills
- Experience with development on small, low-power embedded platforms (e.g. ARM Cortex-M)
- Familiarity with common communications protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, USB)
- Proficiency with common embedded toolchains and version control systems (e.g. git, gerrit, github)
- Experience with one or more RTOSs (e.g. FreeRTOS, uC/OS) and multithreaded programming
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Backend
Medallia, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Technical Program Manager
Fitbit, US - Boston
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Forward, San Francisco
HealthTap, Mountain View
Software Developer (Java, AWS)
Nortal, U.S., Kirkland, WA
Front End Engineer
Outdoor Voices, Austin, TX HQ