Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly)
Peloton, NY HQ
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) has overall responsibility for the development of the future product assembly systems from concept design through launch. The successful candidate will research, develop, benchmark and recommend state-of-the-art assembly processes, internally and in conjunction with OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). (AME-A) will serve as the assembly system engineering lead of the cross-functional launch team. (AME-A) will gather technical requirements, participate in DFA (Design for Assembly) efforts, perform detailed cost calculations, create/manage project timelines, and oversee NPI (New Product Introductions), launch and running product changes. (AME-A) will also provide technical assembly support, generate cost reduction and continuous improvement ideas.
- Perform experimental assembly to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and material
- Lead process and project status reviews
- Manpower requirements modeling
- Assist with writing equipment specifications for new or modified equipment and/or obtaining agreement on specifications of equipment
- Management of large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+)
- CapEx development and proposal
- BS in Engineering; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years assembly systems experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment (NPI to high volume MFG); recognized Assembly System SME
- 5+ years consumer product assembly experience
- Knowledge of controls systems (PLC, HMI, robotics, networking, RFID, etc.)
- Ability to read component, assembly, equipment drawings and knowledge of GD&T
- Work/Maintenance Instructions, Value-Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Lean, SPC, PFMEA development
- Knowledge of OSHA, IEC-60204, NFPA-79, Ergonomics, ANSI, ISO, etc.
- Experience with supplier selection/qualification, RFI, RFP, RFQ, PO process
- Experience managing OEM’s, through equipment procurement process
- Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout, install, startup, debug experience
- Microsoft Office applications and CAD/CAM knowledge (SolidWorks, AutoCAD)
This position requires domestic & international travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 25% or more as needed by the business.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far. Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Bachelor/Master Thesis in Software Development (f/m/d)
Engineering Manager, Platform Elements & SDKs
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
ServiceTitan, Glendale, CA
Sr. API Engineer, OTT
Vimeo, Brooklyn, NY
(Senior) Software Engineer Platform - Golang (f/m)
Holidaycheck, Munich, Bottighofen, Poznan
Junior Salesforce Administrator
Formlabs, Somerville, MA