We are looking for a Manager - Financial Reporting to join our Accounting & Finance team at Peloton. This position will be primarily responsible for assisting in the creation and accurate completion of required financial statements, footnotes and filing documents. This position will report to the Director, Financial Reporting at Pelotons HQ in New York. The Manager will work on multiple projects at once and partner with various operating groups to ensure Peloton remains compliant with all domestic and international statutory financial reporting requirements.
- Primarily responsible for preparing footnotes to the consolidated US GAAP financial statements and assisting with drafting process of SEC filings (Forms 10-Q, 10-K, etc, including management of XBRL).
- Assist with coordinating the quarterly reviews and annual audit procedures performed by our external auditor, including responding to auditor information requests, providing supporting work papers and discussing significant fluctuations.
- Completion of disclosure checklists to ensure Company compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Keep current with new accounting pronouncements and the impact to the Company
- Prepare cash flow statement and review equity roll forward.
- Assist with and ensure timely delivery of the preparation of executive management materials and other presentations.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls over financial reporting
- Collaborate with various internal groups, including accounting, tax, legal, treasury, finance and real estate.
- Prepare technical accounting position papers on a variety of financial reporting topics, including but not limited to the following:
Lease accounting (ASC 842)
Liaise with the international teams
Other reporting projects as assigned
- BA/BS degree; major in finance and/or accounting, CPA
- 5+ years of external audit, accounting, and/or financial reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements as well as ability to research.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and have ability to recognize and recommend solutions. Able to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely with global internal and external contacts
- Proficiency in MS office products (excel, powerpoint, word)
- IFRS reporting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Workiva is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.