This role collaborates closely with the Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Management and Quality Engineering teams to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls through 2D drawings and 3D CAD support. You will also work closely with the Manufacturing and Sustaining engineering teams to provide support for continued process improvement through 3D and 2D CAD. This role is a 6 month contract (up to 40 hours a week) to start, with the possibility of extension or full-time hire.
- Create technical 2D product drawings for all components and assemblies through entire product lifecycle of fitness products.
- Provide 3D CAD support to the Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineering teams.
- Work with Hardware Engineering team to define engineering tolerances on drawings
- Support Manufacturing Engineering team with ongoing Production and cost-down projects.
- Create engineering change orders (ECO) for product release and post-production changes.
- 2+ years mechanical design experience and/or 2+ years of drafting experience
- BS or BE in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with Solidworks 3D CAD and Solidworks PDM
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers
- Spoken and written English
- Experience using GD&T to define products for 2D drawings
- Experience working with master models for 3D CAD
- This position is based in NYC HQ Knowledge of ISO 8015, 1101 and 2768 drawing standardsConsumer Product design experience
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Manager - Web & Mobile (Android, React)
Shield AI, San Diego, California
Senior Software Engineer - International & Canada Team (Charlotte,NC)
Credit Karma, Charlotte, NC
Test Engineering Technician
Peloton, NY HQ
Lead Software Engineer - Mobile Security
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Engineering Manager, Data Infrastructure
Lyft, San Francisco
Software Engineer - Full Stack
Spacious, New York