The Director of Advanced Systems will assist the company to research future architectures and technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. Responsible for designing and developing prototypes that are ready for adoption, as well as managing and coordinating the opportunities within the broader engineering and operations teams. As Director of Advanced Systems, she/he will work with a team of manufacturing, operations, sourcing and procurement, and quality as well as other Directors, Managers, and Leads in order to resolve critical technical issues.
- Develop, test, modify and enhance prototype solutions for expansion of product offerings and applications.
- Design and create infrastructure, virtual and experimental to prove and ensure efficiency and technical performance of the designs.
- Oversee the Advanced Engineering Development Team comprised of Principal Engineers and analyze workflow, establish priorities, develop standards and set deadlines.
- Manage and lead the engineering effort of developing new and adaptations of existing technologies for Peloton.
- Design and implement components using FEA/CFM or other advanced simulations tools to accelerate experimentation
- Utilize virtualization technologies, cloud computing, fabric and storage technologies and application management.
- Meet with other Directors to collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit cooperation and resolve problems, and advance new technical products.
- Provide technical leadership for the Residential/Commercial/Industrial businesses, Direct all budget and capital activities for R&D product development.
- Provide strong technical direction by evaluating and guiding Product Strategy through design and development.
- Ensure the best technical direction of staff to deliver world-class innovation from initial concept to launch with best practices and advanced development techniques.
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, and cost goals.
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff and management.
- Conduct analysis to ensure product safety, quality, reliability and agency compliance standards are maintained.
- Proven Leadership – Strong R & D management experience ready to take it to the next level in your career.
- Solid Collaboration skills working with multiple disciplines internal and external
- Strategic thinker – Experienced putting together strategy for future developments; skill assessment and resource planning; knows how to prepare presentations to business leaders for approval
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years engineering experience
- Entrepreneurial with vision for future products
- Experience related to the following areas:
- Motor and Controls
- Extrusion, Die Casting, Plastics, Sheet Metal Operations
- Design for Manufacturing
- Use of TAM simulations in designs
- Supplier interactions and visits
- Attention to detail and possession of excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director - Customer Success, EMEA
Sales Advisor (Part-Time), The Pizitz
Warby Parker, Birmingham, AL
Operations Specialist - Overnight
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Junior Project Manager - Expansion (m/w/d)
Vroom, Stafford, TX
Markforged, Watertown, MA