We are looking for passionate backend engineers who care about data and system performance. At Peloton, you will have the opportunity to rapidly change the face of the fitness industry. You will be working within an agile scrum team that consists of both backend and frontend engineers on a daily basis to develop and maintain a scalable and robust infrastructure that supports user-facing functionalities and social experiences. You will also be leading large projects, collaborating with team members on estimating project scopes, setting milestones, as well as identifying project risks and dependencies.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Passion for building scalable backend framework that supports a rapid growing user base
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience with designing RESTful API
- Experience with working on service oriented architecture and RPC design
- Experience with data modeling and at least one database engine (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience developing with test driven mentality
- Solid understanding of HTTP, TCP, SSL in API context
- Ability to own and deliver end to end API functionality from design/architect, to implementation, to testing, to production release and monitoring
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Have an MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have experience leading backend development and engineering
- Have experience with concurrency and parallelism in Python
- Have experience building Python based backend framework at scale
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Solutions Engineer
Tulip Retail, Toronto
Software Engineering Manager, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, New York
Security Engineer (London or Leeds, UK)
Credit Karma, Leeds, UK
Senior Software Engineer, Cryptoassets
Wealthfront, Palo Alto, CA
Software Engineer II - Experiences
TripAdvisor, El Segundo, CA