We are looking for experienced User Interface Engineers to join our growing web team who are passionate about crafting beautiful, rich, high-quality, interactive user experiences on the web. The position requires that you put users first, are self-motivated, a team player, and have an eye for design.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
You will be working on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with Product and Design to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive and user-friendly interfaces for https://www.onepeloton.com.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5+ years of Web Development experience
- Expert understanding of industry best practices and web standards
- Lives and breathes CSS and HTML
- Enjoys writing CSS, writing animations, and developing slick user interfaces
- Familiar and comfortable with the DOM
- Proactively worked with designers to get the UI/UX perfect
- Experience building UI component libraries
- Strong background in responsive design and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Embraces an agile mindset and familiar with lean UX
- Background working on single page applications
- Deep knowledge of user experience and interaction design
- Familiarity with a11y practices
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with i18n and l18n
- Willing to take initiative to solve problems
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Have prior experience or exposure to Typescript
- Have lead teams
- Have experience pair programming
- Worked with Zeplin and Sketch
- Have Github Project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment before
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.