The Engagement team at Peloton builds products and features to our subscribed customers(Bike,Tread,Digital). We are constantly deepening our UI to increase the motivation and interactions that happen with our hardware and content. In the past year, Peloton has expanded our product offering to include a Bike, Treadmill, and now digital product. During this expansion, our user’s needs have increased in complexity. As we’ve expanded in product offering, we are also expanding in the variety of platforms that deliver this amazing user experience.
- Staff and manage a team of engineers responsible for developing and enhancing the customer engagement experience for the Digital Web App (https://members.onepeloton.com)
- Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor team in these practices
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members
- Collaborate with cross functional team members from Design, Product, Program Management and UX in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives and driving new architecture.
- Establish team level KPIs to measure effectiveness of team’s output and impact to customer Engagement
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and leveraging commercial, off the shelf tools
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- 8+ years of software development experience, with some experience in full stack web development and React.js. Demonstrable experience in having deployed large scale applications commercially into production
- 2+ years of leadership experience in team leadership and technology management
- Experience with functional language/design
- Familiarity with CI/CD and how to incorporate test automation into development flows
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify strength and weakness of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Android Application Engineer
Cloudreach, Atlanta, Remote US, NewYorkCity, Reston, Philadelphia
iOS / macOS Engineer
Upthere, Redwood City, CA
Principal Software Engineer (Contract to hire)
Rally, New York, NY
Site Reliability Engineer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Site Reliability Engineer
Acquia, Boston, MA or Portland, OR