The Test Engineering Technician assists the Test and Reliability Engineering team to develop, validate, and run testing on new and existing products. The right candidate for this role possesses the technical ability, problem-solving skills, and communication skills to build and troubleshoot test fixtures as well as the rigorous organization to run and monitor critical development and sustaining tests. As an individual, the ideal candidate is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to create world-class products. This job is based in the US and requires frequent travel within the NYC metro area. This role reports to the Test and Reliability Engineer.
- Help build or purchase and validate test equipment that meets required test standards as defined by Peloton’s internal test plans
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results
- Author test SOP/WIs for operating necessary equipment and performing tests repeatedly
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of moderately complex test set ups
- Develop automatic test measurement routines to provide required measurement accuracy and maximized test throughput
- Generate detailed testing reports for communicating results of testing to internal teams and performing FA when requested
- Maintain technical logs, files, records, and databases
- Ensure the maintenance and upkeep (including calibration) of lab equipment
- Associate Degree with emphasis on mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in a testing environment
- Must be capable of reading electrical and mechanical drawings
- Experience with the following tools:
- Oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, multimeters, soldering equipment, basic shop tools, CNC, etc
- Motor systems (stepper, DC, AC)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience with CAD; Solidworks a plus
- Experience with LabView a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills based on continually changing work environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists.
Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Information Security Architect
Visa, Foster City CA, US
WiFi Test Automation Engineer
eero, San Francisco
Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Data Engineer - Graph Processing
LiveRamp, London, UK
Pivotal Labs Design Manager
Pivotal Software, Atlanta, GA.