IT Project Manager- Security/GRC
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Are you passionate about bringing a method to the madness and driving change? Peloton is looking for a bright, adaptable, and hardworking Project Manager with a diverse set of skills who can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment.
As a Project Manager, you will drive planning, project execution, and development for our Security team and our Governance, Risk, and Controls (GRC) team. The Security team provides guidance and technical solutions which help improve the security posture of the company. The GRC team supports governance efforts including SOX and PCI compliance initiatives, risk management, and vendor risk management. You will also liaise with partner teams to support shared initiatives. You will have a unique opportunity to support a growing program and help build a company-wide security culture focused on protecting the customer.
You are not required to have hands-on technical experience, but you are required to work with technical staff and manage technical projects related to security and GRC initiatives. You will apply your skills to correctly capture requirements, plan for dependencies, and make the Security and GRC teams more efficient. You know how to apply technology to solve problems. You are both a diplomat and an advocate, and will be trusted to represent the Security and GRC teams to stakeholders and partners, internal and external. You will help define goals, measure progress, manage dependencies, and clear blockers.
It will be your responsibility to be relentless in getting things done. As the scrum master, you will help our teams maintain organization while continuing to improve on process and communication. It will be your job to wear multiple hats, and go beyond the normal expectations.
- Be the Scrum Master, evangelist, and coach for agile development
- Drive the teams in aligning with Agile and Scrum best practices, including in capacity management and planning
- Manage sprints and conduct sprint reviews
- Use Jira to manage sprints and workflows
- Help create self-organized teams that drive continuous improvement to our systems and service reliability
- Create project plans, identify constraints, and provide mitigation plan
- Responsible for regular reporting to key stakeholders on project and program status
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Coordinate and help come up with solutions, and remove impediments
- Help track and analyze incidents as part of a continual improvement process
- Wear multiple hats with willingness to go beyond your own role
- Help build consensus between teams
- Develop and demonstrate broad knowledge of Enterprise Technology infrastructure, security, and GRC solutions
- Manage scope and evaluate priorities to efficiently balance resources
- Support change management processes
- Escalate issues appropriately where necessary
- Liaise with vendors or suppliers
- Facilitate regular meetings (daily stand ups, weekly status, working meetings, integration meetings, retrospectives, etc)
- Solicit feedback from end users to confirm solutions are appropriate and effective
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Recognize, adopt and instill good practices from security engineering fields throughout the organization.
- Exercise risk-based judgment, and help teams make the right security calls.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years project management experience related to technology and security
- Exposure to security technologies, processes, and concepts, such as web application security, network security, and security.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methodologies, including managing execution, backlogs, etc., and with Agile Software, lean methodology, and JIRA
- Strong understanding of story points and Agile estimation systems
- Experience administering Jira for the purpose of leveraging and modifying Jira boards, workflows, and forms, as well as other features, to enable Jira to better support the team
- Energetic team player with excellent written, verbal, and conceptual skills
- Strong track record of project delivery and benefits realization
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with portfolio stakeholders
- Experience in the identification, assessment, and management of risks; able to manage the risks, not just the risk list
- Experience in strategic planning and analysis
- Determined to deliver outcomes and able to overcome obstacles in order to move forward. Accountable for the delivery of outcomes, strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward looking
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing major incidents and post-incident reviews
- Experience with capacity planning
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching others in technical Project Management methodologies and tactics
NICE TO HAVE:
- 4 years contextual technical infrastructure project experience including corporate and branch network infrastructure, telephony, endpoint device management, information security
- 4 years contextual GRC experience, including SOX and/or PCI controls (or other control sets, such as NIST), corporate risk management, vendor risk assessments, etc.
- Experience in ITIL event, incident, problem, and change management
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Program Manager, Server
MongoDB, New York City
Betaworks - Backend Developer (Contract)
DevOps Product Manager
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Software Engineer, iOS, Zenly
Snap Inc., Paris, France
Lead Frontend Developer (m/w/div)